Memphis fan here...

Motion offense with picks by the bigs. Two of our bigs (Loe and Ellis) roll off the screens back to the 3 point line to shoot, which throws off teams accustomed to bigs rolling to the basket off screens. Not much on back cuts ala Princeton. Conklin is the main post player, undersized but very physical. On defense, strictly man. We rarely press but do pick up at half-court and pressure the ball. Jett is the best on ball defender (made conference all defensive team even though he comes off the bench). Guards are very quick and adept at getting a hand in the lane leading to turnovers. When the guards get a turnover, we run ... which teams don't expect from the Billikens.

Much better report of our team. And no, we don't THAT slow, dull or boring of a game. Think back to our teams in Conf USA when we beat your more athletic Tigers with basketball players (not just athletes), with smart coaching and with a well executed game plan. More of the same this year. And don't worry in that some of our guys are quite athletic and have huge vertical jumps if that is so important to you. Points per possession will be a more important stat for us than the number of dunks you probably love to talk about. Just hope that your coach Pastner doesn't remind you of that other coaching "legend" of yours - Larry Finch.

Just curious if you guys have found some higher level D1 players or teams to practice against in order to help your Tigers get used a higher level of basketball than Conf USA where you have been mired in all these years? Congratulations on your last 6 wins you seem so proud about. How far did your RPI drop after these games? Oh, and remind us again about how many teams made the Tourney this year from Conf USA.

Much better report of our team. And no, we don't THAT slow, dull or boring of a game. Think back to our teams in Conf USA when we beat your more athletic Tigers with basketball players (not just athletes), with smart coaching and with a well executed game plan. More of the same this year. And don't worry in that some of our guys are quite athletic and have huge vertical jumps if that is so important to you. Points per possession will be a more important stat for us than the number of dunks you probably love to talk about. Just hope that your coach Pastner doesn't remind you of that other coaching "legend" of yours - Larry Finch.

Just curious if you guys have found some higher level D1 players or teams to practice against in order to help your Tigers get used a higher level of basketball than Conf USA where you have been mired in all these years? Congratulations on your last 6 wins you seem so proud about. How far did your RPI drop after these games? Oh, and remind us again about how many teams made the Tourney this year from Conf USA.

Well in reference to your first point about points per possession and such. We are rated the 19th most efficient offense in the country compared to you guys at 36th.

In reference to the last 6 games and RPI....I already did a comparison of the last 10 games RPI for both teams.

111, 250, 148, 168, 44, 54, 119, 148, 54, and 44. The RPI's of Memphis last 10 opponents. Avearge of 114.1

82, 68, 86, 147, 243, 256, 41, 101, 86, and 41. The RPI's of SLU last 10 opponents. Average of 115.1

We had 1 loss in that stretch (UTEP, 148) to you guys 2 losses (Rhode Island, 256 and Xavier 41).

Our SOS is 20 while you guys are 90.

hmmmm....not sure if serious

Not serious.

If you see a zone it'll be because Crews or Whitsell twisted Majerus's arm. The Billikens would rather play the Great Tiger Satan (Missouri Tigers) but the Lesser Satan will have to do for now. Both Tigers play fast and are relatively short and will be a challenge to slow down. I think we have a good chance to frustrate the hell out of both given the chance.

All in all I think this is going to be one hell of a game.

I think so too. I think it is back and forth for most of the game and I think we pull away late and end up winning by 13. Something like 73-60. I'm positive that you guys see it difference....because all of us are homers for our team.

I think so too. I think it is back and forth for most of the game and I think we pull away late and end up winning by 13. Something like 73-60. I'm positive that you guys see it different....because all of us are homers for our team.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the Tigers up a few at halftime but given a week to prepare and given Majerus' halftime adjustments It'll be closer than 13 points.

I think so too. I think it is back and forth for most of the game and I think we pull away late and end up winning by 13. Something like 73-60. I'm positive that you guys see it difference....because all of us are homers for our team.

Read on the Memphis board that your offense is based heavily on the dribble drive and creating your own shot. No offense but if oUr offense comes to play at all, we'll be okay. Defense wins championships (or in this case tournaments games). Bills by 12

Read on the Memphis board that your offense is based heavily on the dribble drive and creating your own shot. No offense but if oUr offense comes to play at all, we'll be okay. Defense wins championships (or in this case tournaments games). Bills by 12

Both teams are even in that stat too. Kenpom has us ranked 10 and 11 respectively IIRC.

uomcamaro we're generally not this uncooperative to opposing teams fans who raise some valid pts but we've been waiting twelve years for this so you'll have to excuse our ribbing (and it is hilarious). The things that concerns me the most about this game is obviously your athleticism. Our defensive rotation and help side defense is second to none but you will have some guys who can rise up over us and shoot anytime they want. Nothing helps shooters confidence like not having to worry about getting blocked and I think that explains why some teams have gotten hot against us (Temple, UMass). That being said, we are generally able to impose our will with regards to pace of the game. We push in transition a little more than some of Majerus's teams in the past but were still stingy in allowing transition offense. This isn't rocket science, in a evenly matched up game like this shooting is going to be the difference. If we are hot from 3 I think we'll win whereas if your guards hit some tough, contested shots you guys will win.

You don't need a video. I'll give you the rundown. We'll slap a defense on you that will rival the paint job on an SI swimsuit model. And that paint seeps into some vital places. We'll set a tempo that would put Richard Simmons to sleep after he did a double dose of crack cocaine and washed it down with a six pack of Red Bull. You are in for a very long evening.

They could write an article like this about SLU's tempo: http://bmbl.us/wnhPk8

uomcamaro we're generally not this uncooperative to opposing teams fans who raise some valid pts but we've been waiting twelve years for this so you'll have to excuse our ribbing (and it is hilarious). The things that concerns me the most about this game is obviously your athleticism. Our defensive rotation and help side defense is second to none but you will have some guys who can rise up over us and shoot anytime they want. Nothing helps shooters confidence like not having to worry about getting blocked and I think that explains why some teams have gotten hot against us (Temple, UMass). That being said, we are generally able to impose our will with regards to pace of the game. We push in transition a little more than some of Majerus's teams in the past but were still stingy in allowing transition offense. This isn't rocket science, in a evenly matched up game like this shooting is going to be the difference. If we are hot from 3 I think we'll win whereas if your guards hit some tough, contested shots you guys will win.

Oh, I knew y'all would let me have it before I registered. We are all fans and all bias.