The Nitty Gritty for the Billikens

brianstl

The Nity Gritty Report is one of the items supposedly used for selection and seeding purposes by the selection committee. For the Billikens the Nitty Gritty is a mixed bag right now. On the positive side SLU is one of only 23 teams in the country with no negative factors on their report card. On the bad side SLU has no positives right now on its report card. We are not alone with no positives in the RPI top 30. Others in that group are Gonzaga, San Diego St., Wisconson, Creighton, and Florida St.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2012/nitty

I didn't check this out, but am assuming the Nitty Gritty gives high ranks to teams gaining momentum. I've heard this before from the experts who study selection committee choices. They do give a lot of weight to how a team is playing in the last month of the season. If a team is on a nice roll, especially if they're a BCS'er, they're gonna get an invite. The logic is the committee wants the best teams in March playing for the championship. Kind of a, "what have you done for me lately" scenario. This is why we have to sustain this streak we're on. Not saying we necessarily have to go undefeated, but we don't want any back to back upset losses at this point. Can't afford them.

-@72, from what i understand the committee used to have an ingredient in their process of record in last 10 games, now i believe they go with 'total body of work', so closing the season not as important as it used to be (but it does seem that conf tourney results somehow factor in a lot to their process)

-i don't care what they use as long as it is fair for all

-@72, from what i understand the committee used to have an ingredient in their process of record in last 10 games, now i believe they go with 'total body of work', so closing the season not as important as it used to be (but it does seem that conf tourney results somehow factor in a lot to their process)

-i don't care what they use as long as it is fair for all

Cowboy, you may be right. But if you were a good mid major (and I'm not sure what you call us anymore) in the beginning of the year and say you're where we are right now, 20-5 w/ 5 games left suddenly you go 3-2 and lose the first game in the tourney. You're 23-8 not a bad body of work if there are no BCS'ers suddenly getting hot, look at Georgia in the SEC as an example. This is what scares me as none of the experts are conceding that the A-10 is a lock to get 2 bids. All it means is we've got to stick to our mantras of , Finish.... finish.... finish.... and Just win, BAby!

Cowboy, you may be right. But if you were a good mid major (and I'm not sure what you call us anymore) in the beginning of the year and say you're where we are right now, 20-5 w/ 5 games left suddenly you go 3-2 and lose the first game in the tourney. You're 23-8 not a bad body of work if there are no BCS'ers suddenly getting hot, look at Georgia in the SEC as an example. This is what scares me as none of the experts are conceding that the A-10 is a lock to get 2 bids. All it means is we've got to stick to our mantras of , Finish.... finish.... finish.... and Just win, BAby!

-i agree that we need to continue to win, we have nothing assured as of now

-no let downs!!!!