Great game Bills

PNWLobo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find t funny that you think the AC-10 is remotely comparable to the MWC. Is there some kind of systemic irrationality problem in the st louis area?

You'd kick the A-10's arse in snow boarding and horse shoes. We'd kick yours in everything else. Especially, College Jeopardy. Would love to see the A-10 and MWC start up an annual series. The only problem is our conference brothers would have trouble finding places like Wyoming and New Mexico.

Well said. We heard all week about how the Pit is such a hard place to play and we went in and came pretty close to winning. If there were some truly neutral refs doing the game, and let's be honest, the refs were not neutral even if they were slanted unconsciously (the crowd can have a lot of influence on a ref- even if the ref doesn't realize he is being influenced,) we would have won the game.

I think the boys will realize that and won't get down on themselves because of the loss.

At the same time, in order to be successful, there will be times when we have to overcome some unfair reffing and just get the win. Either way, today was a good experience for the guys.

Glad to hear you "came pretty close to winning". That's the sign of a real loser, someone that is into moral victories! Enjoy your moral victory, we got the W!

Glad to hear you "came pretty close to winning". That's the sign of a real loser, someone that is into moral victories! Enjoy your moral victory, we got the W!

Whatever. I think any neutral fan that watched the game will tell you SLU is the better team. Kenpom still has us at 14. You are at 23. See you next year chump.

Whatever. I think any neutral fan that watched the game will tell you SLU is the better team. Kenpom still has us at 14. You are at 23. See you next year chump.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't unless the neutral fan knew nothing about basketball. UNM usually takes many more 3 point attempts but the SLU defense was overplaying so aggressively (it really was their only chance) that UNM did what good teams do: we adjusted. Our guards started slashing and your guards had no answer so they fouled. Maybe coach Alford taught the old dog a few new tricks last night.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't unless the neutral fan knew nothing about basketball. UNM usually takes many more 3 point attempts but the SLU defense was overplaying so aggressively (it really was their only chance) that UNM did what good teams do: we adjusted. Our guards started slashing and your guards had no answer so they fouled. Maybe coach Alford taught the old dog a few new tricks last night.

Last night was the second time I have ever seen Rick truly upset with the refs, the first being at Xavier. I'll go ahead and wager Rick has more basketball knowledge in one nut than you and other Lobo homers combined.

I was impressed by the bills defense but no freakin way are you in the same league as UNM. Sorry. There is a very good reason why we shot more free throws. We were by far the more aggressive and athletic team. Your inferior guards were constantly out of position. We dominated in the post, we were quicker and more aggressive. If anything the refs kept the winning margin to a minimum. How many BS charges were called on the Lobos? Face it, Billikens, you got out played by a better team.

You won by 4 at home and 2 of those were F/t's with 1.2 seconds left. You guys said the Pit was worth 10 pts, did you just make that up?