a look at the stats

billiken_roy

http://slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201112/mbbstats.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=27200

since I've missed a few games being out of town, i went to slubillikens.com and closely looked at the stats. a few random observations that just jump out:

* we have forced twice as many turnovers as we have committed

* the combined assists to turnover ratio of mitchell, cassity and jett is a ridiculous 47 - 11! folks taking care of the ball at that level by our three primary ball handlers is unbelievable.

*we are shooting 43% from 3 pt land, we are defending 29% at the 3 line. awesome differential.

*only negative stat that i see is rebounding. we are getting killed under the basket and in particular on the offensive end. if that shooting percentage falls, we have to get better getting second chances.

*only negative stat that i see is rebounding. we are getting killed under the basket and in particular on the offensive end. if that shooting percentage falls, we have to get better getting second chances.

Rebounding IS a concern and the Billikens need to gang rebound on defense, but the numbers look worse than they are, because when you shoot well there are fewer opportunities to rebound your own shots, and when you force turnovers, that takes away opportunities for defensive rebounds.

Could it be our offensive rebounding is down due to the fact RM has the whole team take off to the D end when a shot is missed? Remember we've played a couple of teams that really like to push the ball. The boards that scare me are where we're giving the opponent second shots. I didn't look that up, but to the naked eye it looks like we're giving teams a lot of new shot clocks. The BC game seemed especially grim as more than a couple of times BC got 2 extra chances.

Could it be our offensive rebounding is down due to the fact RM has the whole team take off to the D end when a shot is missed? Remember we've played a couple of teams that really like to push the ball. The boards that scare me are where we're giving the opponent second shots. I didn't look that up, but to the naked eye it looks like we're giving teams a lot of new shot clocks. The BC game seemed especially grim as more than a couple of times BC got 2 extra chances.

'Nova only had 4 offensive rebounds

+1. Up to now, offensive boards don't seem to be much of a priority. When we shoot down low, we often only have one other player within 15 ft. of the basket. Our defensive boards are all-important.