SLU sports film to premiere at the Tivoli tonight

The Wiz

For those that are interested, the St. Louis International Film Festival will be opening a new film called The Gray Seasons at 630 PM. The film is a documentary about the stress and struggles of the women's basketball team during the Shimmy Gray years. The movie was filmed over a 4 year time period. Gray and producer Robert Hererra will speak and take questions at the end of the film.

I went and saw this. Did anyone else? It was a pretty solid documentary and left me with a much better understanding of SGM's struggles. She's had to deal with some pretty significant injuries or defections/quitters every season. It would seem that in the women's game it is much more imortant to recruit passion for the game.

I went and saw this. Did anyone else? It was a pretty solid documentary and left me with a much better understanding of SGM's struggles. She's had to deal with some pretty significant injuries or defections/quitters every season. It would seem that in the women's game it is much more imortant to recruit passion for the game.

I went and saw it is as well. I really enjoyed it. I was telling a friend of mine today about it and he asked me if after viewing the film if I think SGM is a good coach. From a Basketball IQ stand point, after seeing the film, I really can't say if she is. But I walked away with a new respect for her. She really seems like a tremendous person, and a great life-coach, so to speak. She really does pour her heart in it, and isn't shy about that.