girlwatching

Those of us except Thicks who have not tired of the Madness this month may want to check out the ladies tonight and tomorrow night. I am looking forward to the Lady Vols vs. Stanford game. I know there is one other Tennessee fan on this board. They have a 7 game winning streak over the Stanford ladies, including a 70-66 win in Palo Alto on 12/14.

I heard Earl Austin, Jr. call in on Frank's show this morning talking about the worst call he had seen in a long time, if not ever. I did not see it so I am not clear on the details. Apparently there was a scramble for a loose ball in the Tennessee game at the very end and the ref called a foul on whoever Tennessee was playing with .02 seconds left in the game which cost the other team the game. Earl felt if it hadn't been Tennessee that call would not have been made.

Anyone see the game and care to comment?

It looked like your average last second scrum. It was really up to the refs on whether or not to call it. Sometimes refs don't call that sort of thing. I think it might be paranoia to say that it was only because it's tennessee, but I mean, I suppose it could have been.

alameda bob,

Well my wife is a UT Alum so both of us will certainly root for the Vol Ladies but I more than likely won't watch unless they get in the Finals. UT Vol Football is our passion and we are both looking forward to Phil Fulmer's visit to the Tampa Alum Chapter next month. I believe a road trip to Neyland Stadium and of course a stay in Gatlinburg is in our plans for next fall.