back from the regional final

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ubiquitous - being everywhere at the same time.

i had to look it up. you big 12 guys have big vocabs.

I'll take that as a compliment from someone with a fine jesuit education such as yourself. As for the rest of the big 12, I say the hell with them. I don't like them, I don't root for them, I say a pox on all their houses.

Am I bitter? Yes, that's what this Missouri team has done to me. Maybe I'm the one with the psychosis. I'm actually looking forward to baseball. Now that's strange.

i've always said mu you are my favorite tiger fan (if that is possible). you need to trade in the black and gold and come over to the billiken roller coaster ride.

Thanks for the suggestion, Roy. I don't know if I would just be trading one set of frustrations for another, but at least I have a good feeling about Soderberg. Snyder-not so much.

You know, I used to be a big red fan until they did me the favor of moving to Arizona. I kind of wish the basketball program at Missouri would do the same, and take Floyd, his wife and the Lauries with them.

I think you have mentioned having a law degree from SLU so unlike some of the typical white trash SPUMAC fans who like to run their smack here, I am sure that you don't have an agenda against SLU and probably do really root for us.

why because i refuse to concede that the billiken fandom is not worthy? remember, we arent in your house making claims of superiority as you always are in ours. big difference. i still cant figure out why steve has the likes of you as a "friend". does he owe you money or something where he has to?

Cheesy, half the time, your retorts are run-of-the-mill, knee jerk swill that Mizzou is the superior school, and that (fill in the blank, especially SLU) should be grateful they are included in the line to kiss the wonderful Tiger's striped adz. After hearing this for twenty five years, I cannot begin to tell you how pissed I get to hear it yet again from an underclass Mizzlose student.

In the past, I have enjoyed rooting for Mizzou in some games, as I though their program was generally run well, and Norm implemented a great blood and guts program that was death to play against. Fortunately, Quin came in and now the program is learning to peak in February and March, just like they did this year.

The effluvia should subside as Mizzou is now in line to reap Quin's just rewards for his brain dead inattentiveness(or outright cheating,)and I hope for Mizzou that a new coach is on the horizon. Qman can't cut it as a bench coach, and routinely is the second best coach at courtside for most games. Fortunately, he has no experienced assistants, otherwise he might be the third best coach present.

If you have loyalty to SLU, try posting some non-condenscending remarks that support the program directly. I would say that your direct friendship with Steve is your life preserver here...if we had the same "vote them off the board" that Tigerboard has, your tenures would be brief and few, unlike your posts.

"Cheesy, half the time, your retorts are run-of-the-mill, knee jerk swill that Mizzou is the superior school, and that (fill in the blank, especially SLU) should be grateful they are included in the line to kiss the wonderful Tiger's striped adz."

You obviously don't read most of my posts, or you read into them whatever you want.

If anything, more often than not I say that SLU and Mizzou are equal academically, and equals in basketball. If the only thing you'll accept from me is to say that Billikens basketball is better than Mizzou basketball, well, let billiken basketball prove that.

everyone of your posts is all about holding down slu and promoting or defending missouri. again, we arent the ones visiting the oppositions message board doing the talking. so if there is anyone with issues, you might want to look in the mirror. the day i invade the tigerboard and make the boasts that you do here, you are free to label me as such until then, if you dont like what we post here, just remember it is our house, not the tiger fandom.

cheesy said, "If anything, more often than not I say that SLU and Mizzou are equal academically, and equals in basketball."

this is the first time i have ever heard you say such and even then the following sentence you want billiken basketball to prove itself to you. so you cant even make that the above statement without qualifications.

A post in defense of MU does not in any way equal a post holding down SLU.

Of course I'm going to defend the school I go to when the high class SLU folk of this board continually refer to me as "white trash," "intellectually not on par with SLU," or "too poor to afford a real education."

Deal with it. This is a public forum. I am entitled to my opinion. My opinion is that Mizzou is not a cesspool of sin and debauchery, and it's academics are not reflected upon in their athletic department (as should be the case everywhere). My opinion is also that SLU is a program on the rise. Brad is taking the department in a wonderful direction.

Roy, I think something you need to understand is that not everything surrounding the SLU program is positive. That's not the case anywhere. Pointing out problems, or areas that could be fixed does not mean that they will forever be problems, nor does it mean that the program is inherently flawed.

The problem with posting on billikens.com, is the second you post an opinion that is contrary to the belief that Billikendom is perfect, you are lambasted by the billikens faithful on here. AJ_arete is a perfect example of this. He posts an honest question about whether or not TL has the "killer instinct" he'd like to see in him. That DOESN'T MEAN that AJ is trying to badmouth recruits. That DOESN'T MEAN that AJ has "ulterior motives." It's just an honest question.

You just need to accept the fact that I don't agree with you on some things, and that you and I are in complete agreement on others.

How would you feel if I referred to everyone I disagreed with as "a typical jerk SLU fan?" No fandom is "typical." Every group of fans has its factions, each with their own opinions. Hell, look at tigerboard. It's an ongoing debate between the "quinophiles" and the "quinophobes."

Your baseless prejudice against the opinions of those that wear black and gold to basketball games limits your arguments.

if i posted with the attitude and inference that you do here at the tigerboard, you would have every right to make that statement about me. you are in our house.

Until this nightmarish season, I might have tried to argue that MU is better in basketball than SLU. As we sit here today, after not making the NCAA tournament despite being ranked in the top ten to start the year, after having lost in the first round of the NIT, while we are waiting for the NCAA to release its findings on its investigation of our program hoping for only "minor" sanctions, after losing three times to KU and losing to Illinois with new coaches at both jobs, after our new arena is going to be named after a 22 year old girl who goes to USC, I have no enthusiasm for trying to argue that MU is better than any other program. I simply can't do it. I have been following MU basketball closely for about 25 years, and this is the lowest point we have ever been, IMHO.