John Manning

EMS67

It's about time we have a Mickey Dee's All-American.

Was getting sick and tired of Brad's recruiting of Jack-in-the-Box All Americans.

I'm lovin it.

Soderberg had several recruits that were nominated. Not saying you can compare the two on recruiting results, but I distinctly remember seeing some of Soderberg's names on the list...

While this is probably considered quite an honor, according to the Philly.com sports page, there are 1,000 nominations annually to this event in which 24 players are selected to participate. I guess it looks good to have "MCDONALD'S HIGH SCHOOL ALL-AMERICAN nominee" on your basketball pedigree. Because, as denoted in ALL-CAPS in the previous sentence, certain parts of the quotation can be ignored.

I recall Brett Thompson as one of Sode's recruits and Lisch and Liddell might have been. The only Mickey D All-American to ever land at SLU was Larry Hughes who, as I recall, might have been either nominated for MVP of the actual game or was the MVP of that contest.

The Philly.com story, link below, shows one of the nominees already committed to La Salle. Giannini can recruit, just can't coach it seems.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/20110202_Twenty-one_locals_among_McDonalds_All-American_nominees.html?viewAll=y

While this is probably considered quite an honor, according to the Philly.com sports page, there are 1,000 nominations annually to this event in which 24 players are selected to participate. I guess it looks good to have "MCDONALD'S HIGH SCHOOL ALL-AMERICAN nominee" on your basketball pedigree. Because, as denoted in ALL-CAPS in the previous sentence, certain parts of the quotation can be ignored.

I recall Brett Thompson as one of Sode's recruits and Lisch and Liddell might have been. The only Mickey D All-American to ever land at SLU was Larry Hughes who, as I recall, might have been either nominated for MVP of the actual game or was the MVP of that contest.

The Philly.com story, link below, shows one of the nominees already committed to La Salle. Giannini can recruit, just can't coach it seems.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/20110202_Twenty-one_locals_among_McDonalds_All-American_nominees.html?viewAll=y

1000? seriously? that's 3 per d1 team.

skip -- I'm only quoting the article. Being nominated ain't no big deal. Getting named and actually playing ---- ah, there's the rub.

Eating at McDonald's is hazardous to your health.

Alcohol and eating at McDonald's should be done in moderation.

White Castle = Breakfast of Champions.

skip -- I'm only quoting the article. Being nominated ain't no big deal. Getting named and actually playing ---- ah, there's the rub.

Eating at McDonald's is hazardous to your health.

Alcohol and eating at McDonald's should be done in moderation.

White Castle = Breakfast of Champions.

I wasn't questioning you, I'm just shocked it's that many. For example was MM a McDonald's nominee? How about DE? Are there 1000 HS players better? Many of these guys must be attending NW South Dakota Technical College or Harris Stowe, because we've heard that many of the guys going there could have been big time D1 players.

As I understand it .... and I might have got this from Vtime or even Nate .... anybody can be nominated. All it takes is an interested enough person/coach/family member to go to he McD AA web site and get a form. Fill it out, send it in ... VIOLA ..... nomination status. Maybe you need a receipt that acknowledges receipt. Not sure.

Kind of like the basketball equivalent of "Who's Who ..."

As I understand it .... and I might have got this from Vtime or even Nate .... anybody can be nominated. All it takes is an interested enough person/coach/family member to go to he McD AA web site and get a form. Fill it out, send it in ... VIOLA ..... nomination status. Maybe you need a receipt that acknowledges receipt. Not sure.

Some of my high school basketball teammates were nominated and they weren't even D-1 players.

I guess like being eligible for the NBA draft