OT: Feb. 2

I have a little tradition that I started a while back, but I plan on watching "Groundhog Day" tonight after work. It's the only day of the year I watch the movie, which I believe to be Harold Ramis' finest hour. Bill Murray is exceptional and even Chris Elliot shines.

Just wondering what the board thinks of the movie and of Groundhog's Day in general. Go Bills, Go Phil.

Metz

I have a little tradition that I started a while back, but I plan on watching "Groundhog Day" tonight after work. It's the only day of the year I watch the movie, which I believe to be Harold Ramis' finest hour. Bill Murray is exceptional and even Chris Elliot shines.

Just wondering what the board thinks of the movie and of Groundhog's Day in general. Go Bills, Go Phil.

Metz

Awesome movie, but I'm a huge Bill Murray fan.

Metz

C'mon, Metz. This is a terrible thread.

from a director's standpoint, i'll take "caddyshack". from the standpoint of any sort of collaboration, i'll take "animal house"

ramis was instrumental in some fabulous comedy work in the 70's with the national lampoon. "Little Jimmie Dugan" from the National Lampoon Gold Turkey Album cracks me up just thinking about it. the national lampoon radio hour broadcast late at night on KADI was a weekly must listen (i'm really showing my age now).

"ground hog day" makes my head hurt.

btw, on a happy groundhog day note, spring just around the corner. phil did not see his shadow this morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/02/punxsutawney-phil-predicts-spring-way/?test=faces

from a director's standpoint, i'll take "caddyshack". from the standpoint of any sort of collaboration, i'll take "animal house"

ramis was instrumental in some fabulous comedy work in the 70's with the national lampoon. "Little Jimmie Dugan" from the National Lampoon Gold Turkey Album cracks me up just thinking about it. the national lampoon radio hour broadcast late at night on KADI was a weekly must listen (i'm really showing my age now).

"ground hog day" makes my head hurt.

btw, on a happy groundhog day note, spring just around the corner. phil did not see his shadow this morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/02/punxsutawney-phil-predicts-spring-way/?test=faces

The 'Shack is comedy gold, Roy. For sure about that one. Ted Knight was the x-factor in that movie.

knight vs dangerfield was genius. add the layed back chase and the wacked out murray, just awesome. guarantee that anyone that plays golf uses a caddyshack line at least once everytime they play.

knight vs dangerfield was genius. add the layed back chase and the wacked out murray, just awesome. guarantee that anyone that plays golf uses a caddyshack line at least once everytime they play.

"Your honor, your honor."

Metz

Awesome movie, but I'm a huge Bill Murray fan.

C'mon, Metz. This is a terrible thread.

I agree 100%.

"You speak French?"

"Oui."

it's either this movie or "Kingpin" that defines 90s Murray. It was "Stripes" in the 80s for sure.

I clicked this thinking it might be a National Signing Day thread.....