SOS Question

Tonka

Shouldn't SLU try and play one of the best teams in the country every year even if they don't offer us a return game? It seems the Duke game helped our SOS a lot. Plus, we got paid to play at Duke. I understand the need to not be one of "those" teams that teams will always think they don't have to offer a return game. But, if you do it for one of your OOC games, it helps your RPI, you get paid and it prepares your team to play on the road against one of the best teams in a hostile environment.

What am I missing here? Thoughts?

Shouldn't SLU try and play one of the best teams in the country every year even if they don't offer us a return game? It seems the Duke game helped our SOS a lot. Plus, we got paid to play at Duke. I understand the need to not be one of "those" teams that teams will always think they don't have to offer a return game. But, if you do it for one of your OOC games, it helps your RPI, you get paid and it prepares your team to play on the road against one of the best teams in a hostile environment.

What am I missing here? Thoughts?

I am pretty sure we paid $75,000 to play there. And we had to pay for a chartered flight. ;)

I am pretty sure we paid $75,000 to play there. And we had to pay for a chartered flight. ;)

RM said on the radio that we were being paid 75,000 for the Duke game. Dont remember which show it was on. Either with Bernie or Frank. He also said the game was scheduled thinking our team would be in tact.