Hey St. Louis Blazer...

Schasz

Mucho Congrats to your team for beating the No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tourney. Your Blazers are playing some darn good basketball and peaking at the right. Now you get the Jayhawks and you can believe that they will have probably the largest contingent of fans. I think your team can beat them (don't mortagage the house on my prediction) as I would have lost my palace on the Zags.

However, I have seen KU a few times on the tube and I am don't rate this club as one of their best. With the No. 1 and No. 2 seeds gone, I happen to see the St. Louis Regional as the most wide open bracket of the bunch.

The East Rutherford one will be the toughest on paper for the enventual Final Four team as all of the top 4 seeds are still playing. It should be a very interesting week of basketball, and good luck to your Blazers. I will be pulling for them down here in Palm Harbor. I hope that you can find some tickets if you already don't have them.

I concur with Schasz on how good it is to see UAB doing so well. After the CUSA tournament game last year and this years game against the Bills, I come to appreciate how good they really are. I had them beating Kentucky today in my pool and have them beating KU next week.

The bad news is with UAB doing so well, I am afraid for Blazer fans that Coach Anderson will be a "hot property" With all the coaching jobs that are open I would think someone will be after him (like Auburn)and with the CUSA basketball coming apart after next season he will probably be looking too.

Just my thoughts

i totally agree with your thoughts concerning uab and coach williams. i too had them winning today. i have been saying all along those guards are tough. and today they looked even better than before. i have 3 teams left in my brackets, st joes, uconn and uab. my other team was louisville who i also had in the finals, so i am screwed overall. too much faith in slick rick.

today i read on a recruiting guru site that both williams and calipari are going to be hot items in the annual coach shuffle. supposedly calipari will seriously consider st johns. williams plays a style that will always get the athletes no doubt about that. i will be surprised if he doesnt move on.

i was surprised to see the old uab coach, murray bartow, coach a surprising east tenn st team the other day. that little point guard he had was sure fun to watch. could that have been a preview of duane polk?

and can honestly say I have never experienced anything like that since being a UAB fan (only 5 years).

Yes, there are many rumors about Coach Anderson and him leaving for more $$. What people need to realize is that money is nice but it sure as heck isn't everything.

Auburn is out of the question for several reasons:

1. Coach Anderson is from Birmingham, grew up there, and has A LOT of family there

2. Basketball drives UAB athletics, unlike at Auburn where it plays a distant second fiddle to football

3. Auburn is in ALL SORTS OF TROUBLE...academically and with athletics

4. We already have a new package worked out for Coach Anderson

5. He doesn't want to leave a job unfinished

6. This is only his second year at UAB and with a young family I'm not sure he wants to uproot them this soon

7. He has yet to coach a team with a roster full of players that he recruited. Moving to a new job will set him at least 2 years back in acheiving that goal.

Sure, he'll get offers but he's going to be at UAB for a few more years. The only way I see him is if he feels that he can't take UAB any further.

We're worried, as most would be, but I'm confident we have the situation under control to compensate him for the job he's done and for the job he's now expected to do.