If I didn't see this with my own eyes...

I would not believe the way the Wolfpack pounded the Zags inside and out both ends of the floor the first half. The refs have not been very friendly to the home team either. I have Gonzaga losing to Stanford in the final, so they need to regroup at halftime.

Methinks you suffer from West Coast bias or homerism. Then again, aren't you the one who projected a Billiken record of 25-5 (too few games)?

I seriously doubt two West Coast teams reach this year's Final Four. I do have Gonzaga in the Final Four, though, so I hope they complete a comeback against Nevada.

The Gonzaga Bulldogs have gone from Cinderella underdogs to the hunted. They are a better team now than they were when they began their rise to prominence several years ago, but they experienced greater NCAA Tournament success when they could sneak up on unsuspecting or non-believing high-major schools. Now they're favored and mid-majors (or non-Power 6 conference schools) and underrated teams are giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Nevada 91, Gonzaga 72.

I know nothing about college basketball!

Statistics don't mean a darn thing. I've developed a "formula" which rates teams on Team IQ (shooting percentage, opponents shooting percentage, rebounding margin, turnover margin, and foul margin), total team experience, seniors, point guard IQ, and previous year's tournament showing, and Gonzaga rated higher than any team in the Tournament (probably in the country), but it meant NOTHING.

I swear, I ought to quit trying to pick Tournaments.

Yeah what goes around, comes around. I think the Zags beat NV, 9 out of ten times, if they had playoff like the NBA does. But not today! That's what makes March Madness so wonderful. I still enjoyed watching the game and look forward to see Stanford take on Bama next. I won't be too shocked if the Tide rolls over them, but doubt it.

I picked these schools because they both impressed me every time I watched them this year, and discount the East Coast bias of the media.

The Zags had done to them in Seattle what they did to Stanford 5 years ago also in Seattle (and I was at the Key Arena that day) and that is a 10 seed taking out a 2 seed. I did not get to see the whole game, but I knew they were in trouble early on. Two things stick out with one being Ronny Turiaf going to the bench a couple minutes into the game and only playing 15 total minutes. The one charging foul the zebra called for his 3rd foul in the 1st half was bull spit.

The other factor was Blake Stepp sucked to put it mildly. I mean 3/18 from the field and 1/12 beyond the arc isn't quite stepping it up in a big game (no pun intended).

About the only good thing to come out of today in my eyes was the other mighty mid-major St. Joes beat the team from the all mighty Big 12 and will move into the Sweet 16...Go Hawks!!!

They had a tough game with the #4 team in the big 12. TT is a big step below OK St, UT and even KS.

So far 2 of the 3 teams with strong records but weak schedules that were given a top 8 ranking are gone. St.Joe's is still here but they beat a #16 seed and had a tough time with a #8 seed. I am not surprised as TT was one of the best teams they played all year. I know I am in the minority here as most Bills fans have already donned their A10 glasses ... but until you have a schedule that requires you to play stretches like the ACC, Big 12, SEC or Big east of 3 or 4 ranked teams in a row or over a 2 week period it will be hard for me to be a believer. I can't imagine that St.Joe's would have come away from our conference schedule without 3 or 4 losses. The highest seed in CUSA was a 4.

I think there are 2 or 3 teams in each of the conferences listed above and throw in CUSA that could have played St.Joe's scheduled and came away unbeaten or with 1 loss.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman