Marque Perry Gets drafted in the NBDL

thetorch

Marque was picked in the 4th round (22nd pick overall) of the NBDL draft by the Roanoke Dazzle.

In an NBDL draft preview Marty Blake, NBA Director of Scouting, had this to say about Marque -- "Perry is a very tough defensive player from St. Louis, a great defender. He has been to a number of camps. All he needs is more experience."

The Roanoke Dazzle have a few players you might recognize. Mikki Moore, Nebraska 97, finished last year in the NBA w/the Hawks. Cory Alexander, Virginia 95, is a six year NBA veteran playing for the Spurs, Nuggets, and Magic averaging a respectable 5 points and 3 assists in his career. He will be vying with Marque for PT at the point. So far he and Marque are the only PGs on the roster. Also returning on the roster is former Houston PF George Williams. Moore was the NBDL defensive player of the year and first team all NBDL last season. Alexander was second team all NBDL.

Other notable players picked in the NBDL draft were Matt Laur (McKendree) picked in the 4th round 20th overall to Columbus. Two former Carbondale players were selected, Rolan Roberts was the 5th pick overall to Charleston and Kent Williams was picked in the 6th round (36th pick) by Fayetteville. Former Pretty Boy Quin Flunkie Uche Okafor was picked right after Williams the first pick in the seventh round.

Last eyar there were occasional NBDL games n during the afternoon on ESPN 2. I believe now though they are all telecast on the NBA Network, so viewing of Marque's performances may be hard to come by. Roanoke plays their first game Nov 22 on the road against Fayetteville.

Good Luck to Marque and hope to you soon in the NBA.

Congrats Marque!

"Perry is a very tough defensive player from St. Louis, a great defender. He has been to a number of camps. All he needs is more experience."

What's up with that quote? All of Perry's offensive achievements and phenomenal quickness with the ball...and this guy talks about his defense. Just seems like he doesn't know a whole lot about Marque. He could be in for a pleasant suprise.

Don't forget everybody at this level has good offensive skills at PG. Perry ahs some obvious defficiencies like shooting, but his committment to defense could set him apart.

He does have offensive deficiencies but have you ever seen a player with his size that can get to the hole and finish like he does in any situation.

Marque's biggest need is to be able to distribute the ball ... he doesn't have to be fancy ... just steady with a good assist to turnover ratio. If he can also improve his midrange jumper and his three ... he will play in the NBA.

I get the NBA channel on the Dish Network ... Hopefully I can see him play.

slufanskip said, "He does have offensive deficiencies but have you ever seen a player with his size that can get to the hole and finish like he does in any situation."

as much as i hate to admit it, because i am not a fan of his because of his non basketball activities, allen iverson comes to mind.