Cory Remekun's Block

Whichever one was on the dunk attempt.

Actually, they were both on dunk attempts. We should remember that COry was Texas' best defensive player last year. I think he was a real steal by our coaches.

Guest BillikenReport

That's an awesome picture. I think Cory is going to be a helluva player come his junior year. He's pretty good for a SLU frosh, but needs to work on some finesse on offense (as does Jon Smith). Two years from now, this team is going to be incredible.

Cory will get a lot better as he gets stronger. He has a great frame. Now he needs strength and more confidence.

I always enjoy watching him block out guys where he doesn't even try to go for the rebound but he'll block his man into the stands if he gets the opportunity. One of these days I have to remember to ask the coaches if they have taught him to box out like that or if that's just what Cory does on his own.

In past years a kid like Cory would have been viewed as THE Billikens' top prospect and had a lot of expectations put on him from the very beginning of his career. I think a kid like Cory represents where the program is now at and that he'll be able to come in and contribute and just keep getting better until he's one of the toughest post guys in the conference in his junior and senior seasons.

Cory will get a lot better as he gets stronger. He has a great frame. Now he needs strength and more confidence.

I always enjoy watching him block out guys where he doesn't even try to go for the rebound but he'll block his man into the stands if he gets the opportunity. One of these days I have to remember to ask the coaches if they have taught him to box out like that or if that's just what Cory does on his own.

In past years a kid like Cory would have been viewed as THE Billikens' top prospect and had a lot of expectations put on him from the very beginning of his career. I think a kid like Cory represents where the program is now at and that he'll be able to come in and contribute and just keep getting better until he's one of the toughest post guys in the conference in his junior and senior seasons.

I agree. I do hope he is able to redshirt next year, grow into his body a little more and put an extra year between him and Willie Reed so that he doesn't spend 3 years of his career sitting on the bench behind Willie.

Willie has some nice blocks but most are coming from the side or from behind. Rarely does Willie face up and block face to face like that. Remuken seems to have a knack for it. Most guys wouldn't have attempted that block because of the chance of getting dunked on.