Mike Bush's replacement

This is my first Sunday back in St. Louis, and I have to say that this Rene guy is a lousy replacement. Why didn't Frank or Malcomb get the job on Sportsplus.

Frank and Rene are tripping over themselves in a 2 person show. It doesn't really work.

Steve

Steve, you didnt miss terribly much with the SLoan, Fish, Hunt interview. Cus touched briefly on the Hunt shot at the end of the Houston game. Players are happy about getting to the NIT, wasnt their team goal but are happy. Players made their pick for Nat Champions... Hunt picked UCONN. Fish and Sloan said they liked someone from CUSA and went with Cincy.

The few minutes with earl that I saw after the team on 5 were better and I was sorry I missed the starting few minutes.

and on Rene...I know this household doesn't care for him at all. He repeatedly screws up simple things. I think maybe Ch 5 only saw his personal resume tape, not tapes from other nights when he wasn't as good.

Can't stand him either. He knows nothing about St. Louis sports, and he stumbles over his words because he either talks too fast or cannot enunciate. I've always watched channel 5 because I like Frank Cus who seems to give Billiken sports a good amount of air time, but I have to turn this other guy off.

luv da bills

Was watching Ch 5 Sports at 6:00 last night and the new Sports Director pronounced Cal Eldred's last name as Eldridge and Jason I's last name like it ended "hauser". Unbelievable for a sports director in St. Louis. These are not mistakes you make after at least a month on the job. Also, watch his hands- if he is saying a number under 6, he uses his fingers for emphasis. Hey, I don't need to see 5 fingers to understand the word "five".

I found the comment in this thread about Rene and Frank getting in each others way on the Sunday sports show interesting since I made the same comment on this board about 3 weeks ago. It hasn't bothered me anymore since I have switched to Ch $'s competing show on Sunday night. It is much better, in my opinion.