Pathetic

There comes a point when we all have to realize that this team still has a long way to go. They may be underclassman but at this point of the season they are no longer inexperienced. They were manhandled the last two games. As has been posted, after the X game, the time for moral victories is past-we need to win against these upper echelon A10 teams, especially at home. It is not enough to just come close. I truly fear playng Temple, X, Dayton or Richmond on a neutral floor will result in a blowout. The team and coaches need to adjust to the A10 refs and try the same things Temple and X do-push off, take an extra step and get away with what you can. Hopefully, the new recruits with what we have will resut in wins against these teams next year.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I think you're missing the boat on this one. To act like the topic of a thread is an attack on the moral fiber of our players is reading a little much into it I think. No one called the TEAM pathetic, but rather their performance in half of the game tonight. If you don't think we were "pathetic" as a team in the second half, coaches AND players, then come up with your own synonym for their play. I know that MM loves this team to a fault and is frustrated because he is sick of us giving away some potentially big wins.

On the whole they played hard and didn't give up. Maybe that will hang you up from calling the 2nd half "pathetic". So call it disappointing, call it upsetting, call it infuriating, or call it a damn shame. It all boils down to the fact that no one is happy with the play in the 2nd half or the outcome of the game.

Ok, they didn't play the best 2nd half. Their shooting was off, they got a little harried, they got outmuscled, maybe even RM got outcoached. But for cripes sake to call them pathetic is flat wrong. Temple is GOOD! They have like the 6th ranked defense in the whole nation. Good defensive teams can make the best offensive teams look silly at times. Jeez, let's get this game behind us and take it to UD. And we all know playing in that place ain't no day at the beach. Yeah, it's a fan's right to criticize but when the facts are staring you right in the face, ie Temple has better more experienced players than we do, the only thing you can criticize them for is giving up or being intimidated. They did neither. So cut them some slack.

Ok, they didn't play the best 2nd half. Their shooting was off, they got a little harried, they got outmuscled, maybe even RM got outcoached. But for cripes sake to call them pathetic is flat wrong. Temple is GOOD! They have like the 6th ranked defense in the whole nation. Good defensive teams can make the best offensive teams look silly at times. Jeez, let's get this game behind us and take it to UD. And we all know playing in that place ain't no day at the beach. Yeah, it's a fan's right to criticize but when the facts are staring you right in the face, ie Temple has better more experienced players than we do, the only thing you can criticize them for is giving up or being intimidated. They did neither. So cut them some slack.

Again, where did I call the player pathetic? That is not what I am saying. I said the second half was pathetic. I also said my main complaint was the coaching in the second half.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? Of course we could have won this game if we had played better or shot better but we didn't. These kids are very young and believe it or not they are human beings, not robots. They make mistakes. They miss shots. They are inexperienced. Yet they played a top 16 team tough to the end and fell short. That is not an excuse, it is a fact. From my point of view we are about one year ahead of where I thought we would be in terms of our position in the conference. I thought it would be next year before we could break into the top 5. You make it sound like we are a top 10 team with a bunch of seniors who lost to an also ran.

I sound ridiculous? Why? Because I don't agree with you?

I sound ridiculous? Why? Because I don't agree with you?

What is ridiculous is all of your sanctimonious crap about "excuses". No one is making excuses. We did not play as well as we could have against a very good, tough experienced team ranked in the top 16. We are very young and relatively very inexperienced--that is a fact. But we played hard and never gave up. That is a fact. We were right there to the end even though we could not hit a shot to safe our life. That is a fact.

What is ridiculous is all of your sanctimonious crap about "excuses". No one is making excuses. We did not play as well as we could have against a very good, tough experienced team ranked in the top 16. We are very young and relatively very inexperienced--that is a fact. But we played hard and never gave up. That is a fact. We were right there to the end even though we could not hit a shot to safe our life. That is a fact.

So at first you attack me for being a fair weather fan, that argument doesn't stick. FAIL.

Then, you accuse me of calling the team "pathetic", which I never did. FAIL.

Now you say you aren't making excuses, yet you continue to lean on the crutch of "youngest team in the nation". FAIL.

Agree 100%, well said.

It was a good basketball game, SLU has nothing to be ashamed of against a very good team.

We missed some key shots, they made theirs.

You can throw it around all day, but those that use the term "pathetic" and nit-pick our SLUkids are horsesh*t.

Tough game, not the outcome we wanted, end of story.

The Bills got out played in the second half down the stretch. There are no two ways about it. The defensive adjustments Temple made were spot on. Temple and SLU are very similar teams except Temple has older, more developed players right now. IT wasn't the refs or coaching. It was the more experienced team that beat us. Fernandez is a very crafty player and he was the key last night although not the top scorer. He touched the ball nearly everytime down the floor and really set the offense. He also knows how to draw fouls and can hit the all important mid-range jumper. The Billikens will get there starting next year.

The Bills got out played in the second half down the stretch. There are no two ways about it. The defensive adjustments Temple made were spot on. Temple and SLU are very similar teams except Temple has older, more developed players right now. IT wasn't the refs or coaching. It was the more experienced team that beat us. Fernandez is a very crafty player and he was the key last night although not the top scorer. He touched the ball nearly everytime down the floor and really set the offense. He also knows how to draw fouls and can hit the all important mid-range jumper. The Billikens will get there starting next year.

I agree with this analysis.

To Major --- it is not an excuse to say that Temple "has older, more developed players right now"--it is just a fact that is part of the analysis. You want to completely ignore that fact and I say to ignore it is ridiculous.

I agree with this analysis.

To Major --- it is not an excuse to say that Temple "has older, more developed players right now"--it is just a fact that is part of the analysis. You want to completely ignore that fact and I say to ignore it is ridiculous.

Agree totally. To simply state, Temple is better than we are today/last night is not an excuse... it's a fact. Look at the scoreboard, Major, the proof's in the pudding and no one is making excuses... we're not even using the youth thing.