Darren Young

bsheldon

You are kidding right? We knew Cody was playing for us a year ago! It doesn't matter when he got here. They ordered his jersey with the rest of the team.

For the record, we THOUGHT he was going to play the whole year early last year. Obviously that didn't happen and we were not sure he was going to get cleared for this semester (if at all) until about a week before it acutally happened--a whole 3 weeks ago. Heck, we weren't sure he was coming at all this time last month--there was speculation that he may say screw college and play pro in his homeland. Plus, we didn't know if he passed his classes or if he scored high enough on tests or whatever until about this time last month. But I do get you point that his was ordered with everyone else's and that Walk-ons obviously can't be ordered at the same time. Thanks for you patience and for answering this trivial question that truly has nothing at all to do with how well the team is playing.

im sure it has something to do with ordering the jerseys. Like JJ didnt have his name on his jersey for awhile cause he was a late signee. The walk ons make the team even later then that so you would have to order another jersey. I mean im nearly certain Fordham's walk-on didn't have a name on his jersey last night. I have never seen a walk-on with their name on the jersey.

that's no excuse. in this day and age there are tshirt/sports apparell shops on every corner with embroidery machines that could have put that lettering on in an hour.

i too believe phillip hunt had his name on his jersey.

They don't do it to spit in his face it's just that rarely do walk-on's stay more than one year and rarely do they play. Therefore, there's not much of a point to put his name on the jersey. Not to mention he's not at the same level as a recruited division 1 basketball player and is not called on nearly as much as an every day player. Lastly, what happened to our three walk-ons from last year? not on the team this year

that's no excuse. in this day and age there are tshirt/sports apparell shops on every corner with embroidery machines that could have put that lettering on in an hour.

i too believe phillip hunt had his name on his jersey.

Fair enough. I understand things take time and have to go through proper channels for $$ and also branding and liscencing issues, but it is still a bummer that he was singled-out and excluded. He works just as hard as everyone else--perhaps harder in the early going just to ensure a spot on the team, and I for one feel he should have just as official jersey as the rest of the team--complete with his name on the back.

As a walk-on himself, I'm sure RM knows more than us about how to treat walk-ons. Maybe he is using the "no name on jersey" as an incentive issue that can be earned later. Don't know this as a fact, but it's possible.

As a walk-on himself, I'm sure RM knows more than us about how to treat walk-ons. Maybe he is using the "no name on jersey" as an incentive issue that can be earned later. Don't know this as a fact, but it's possible.

Majerus probably doesn't know the difference or if he does, he doesn't care about it. This is really in the hands of whatever assistant/DBO is in charge of ordering gear and uniforms. If there is no sense of urgency behind it, it's going to get pushed back because when the season is on, these guys are all worried about so many other things. Young also might feel a little out of place pestering a coach about it.

I would not read too much into this issue other than a couple people who could actually do something about it not making a point of it. Plus, if Young has home and away jerseys that fit on a roster as short as ours, does he really want to risk having them shipped off to be embroidered? That takes time and we don't have many breaks during a season that would be long enough to get it done. Another injury or two, a bloody nose here or there, and suddenly the walk-ons having game jerseys under their shooting shirts is a big deal. The name is not a priority when he might actually be playing a little.