OT: Post-game dining

bonwich

I can't believe all the loopholes in the smoking 'ban' they passed. What a half-assed job.

After living in Chicago for 2 1/2 years and now about the same amount in Cincinnati, I've come to take for granted how nice it is to go out and not have to deal with smoke. It's a rude awakening every time I come back to St. Louis. Restaurant and bar business is just fine in both cities, by the way. There's always an awkward period for the first couple months, but it picks up quickly after that. More non-smokers not only come out more but spend more time out, which is huge. And smokers learn to step outside for 3 minutes at a time, not that big a deal.

I can't wait to start trying more of these places in Midtown. So far, I've only gotten to The Good Pie and Pappy's. Every time I've tried to get in any of the others before a game, the wait has been too long to make the game in time. I've enjoyed reading these threads (but they also make me jealous none of these places were around when I was at SLU).

I am not even sure the new law has gone into effect yet.