Southwest Missouri State's Hotel

Iggy

The first thing they heard this evening as they were getting off their bus was, "GO BILLIKENS!!!"

Some tall dude just shook his head and said, "uh-uh".

I believe that we should be calling the front desk and asking to be connected to various players rooms as the night goes on and welcome them to St. Louis.

Ask if they're nervous about facing the Bills tomorrow night.

Perhaps they won't sleep very well tonight.

The first thing they heard this evening as they were getting off their bus was, "GO BILLIKENS!!!"

Some tall dude just shook his head and said, "uh-uh".

I believe that we should be calling the front desk and asking to be connected to various players rooms as the night goes on and welcome them to St. Louis.

:lol:

-Ring!!!!

MO State ******: Hello?

SLU Fan: Are you having nightmares about Willie Reed.

MO State ******: What?!? NO!

SLU Fan: You should be.

MO State ******: Who is this?

-dial tone

Guest BillikenReport

Did anyone here watch "The U" documentary on ESPN about the University of Miami football program?

One of the parts of the doc was about the Hurricane players calling Oklahoma LB Brian Bosworth at his hotel in the middle of the night before the national championship game back in the '80s.

From http://www.thestate.com/338/story/1058949.html: "Melvin Bratton, on how he called Brian Bosworth's room at the Fontainebleau on the day of a Miami-Oklahoma game: "I said I need to talk with Brian Bosworth. The girl (on the switchboard) said, 'Hey, Melvin Bratton. I went to school with you. I don't like his (butt) anyway. Let me patch you through.' "I said, 'Boz, this is Mel Bratton and Alonzo Highsmith giving you your wake-up call. We're going to kick your (butt) at high noon, so you better be there."

Nothing wrong with some good natured ribbing that is part of the "college" experience. In 1896 Auburn ROTC Cadets greased the railroad tracks prior to Georgia Tech's team arrival. The train slid all the way to the next town and GT had to walk 5 miles back to Auburn and lost 45-0. As long as it doesn't cross the line from being good clean fun.

Nothing wrong with some good natured ribbing that is part of the "college" experience. In 1896 Auburn ROTC Cadets greased the railroad tracks prior to Georgia Tech's team arrival. The train slid all the way to the next town and GT had to walk 5 miles back to Auburn and lost 45-0. As long as it doesn't cross the line from being good clean fun.

Are you saying we should have messed with the SMS team tractor before they left for St Louis?