Put Bernie on the MSU Bandwagon

Hawk

I agree. BM might actually see SLU in person once or twice a year. He'll probably go the the mizzou/illini game. That might be it. He might watch some games on tv, but how often are we actually on? I seriously doubt he spends much time listening to Rammer and Earl.

The other day I heard part of his show. He made some comments like "I'm not going to spend much time talking about the Blues unless they seriously turn things around." Being that the Blues are the local team, why wouldn't you talk about them...good or bad? He certainly spends a lot of time talking about the Rams. They're much worse than the Blues.

That is his way of showing his disgust for their disappointing play this year. He does talk about the Blues often but when he is frustrated with a team that is under performing he often just ignores them.

-i think it is great bernie mentioned mosu and they are having a good season, maybe that will convince a few more poeple to purchase tix to the game

-if he is going to slam teams when they are down he needs to throw good to them when that time is right, too

-and i have no knowledge of this but i will speculate that he was told to like a mitchell

I agree w/cowboy. Also, can't understand the length of this discussion or what it's trying to resolve. The state's biggest city rag comments on one of the success of one of the state's basketball programs. It wasn't a slam on SLU, Mizzery, SEMO or anyone else, just a very simple observation that Mo State's playing well, Martin was a good hire, and they may be the best team in the state in his opinion. What he should have added was, "it's too bad we'll never really know as only SLU has the cujones to schedule MoState every year, while the State's flagship school prefers to duck their in-state brethren in favor of playing powerhouse teams like Savannah State."

I agree w/cowboy. Also, can't understand the length of this discussion or what it's trying to resolve. The state's biggest city rag comments on one of the success of one of the state's basketball programs. It wasn't a slam on SLU, Mizzery, SEMO or anyone else, just a very simple observation that Mo State's playing well, Martin was a good hire, and they may be the best team in the state in his opinion. What he should have added was, "it's too bad we'll never really know as only SLU has the cujones to schedule MoState every year, while the State's flagship school prefers to duck their in-state brethren in favor of playing powerhouse teams like Savannah State."

This is where we all agree.

Since the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is a Missouri newspaper, and Missouri State is in Missouri, wouldn't it make sense for them to cover Missouri State either way? Seems to me it would. It's the same thing as covering Mizzou, another Missouri school that has a large alumni base in St. Louis.

Missouri St. is something around 30-40% from St. ouis depending on the year. Seems it makes perfect sense for him to mention them, and they do run other coverage of their games as well. Nothing unusual about it all from my view...

Since the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is a Missouri newspaper, and Missouri State is in Missouri, wouldn't it make sense for them to cover Missouri State either way? Seems to me it would. It's the same thing as covering Mizzou, another Missouri school that has a large alumni base in St. Louis.

Missouri St. is something around 30-40% from St. ouis depending on the year. Seems it makes perfect sense for him to mention them, and they do run other coverage of their games as well. Nothing unusual about it all from my view...

You're reading things that aren't there. Who criticized anyone for giving Missouri State some due credit?

You're reading things that aren't there. Who criticized anyone for giving Missouri State some due credit?

I'm not seeing any criticism alleged in my post. I merely said it shouldn't be deemed unusual for Missouri State to get press from a St. Louis newspaper any time. There were those in this thread thinking it was unusual for Bernie to write about them.

Just doesn't seem unsual to me.