Burks is POY, and Coach Anderson is Coach of the Year

burks being the poy doesnt surprise me. he dominated josh in our game with memphis and ultimately decided that game imo. anyone dominates josh is a player as i consider josh the best billiken defender i have ever seen.

This was over on the CUSA talk board. Pat Kennedy had some comments about DePaul:

Kennedy says he is thrilled with DePaul's success. But in some ways, he feels it validates his stay there. Four of the Blue Demons' five starters were Kennedy recruits.

"I follow them every step of the way,'' he said. "I do notice that we hardly even get a mention in the DePaul media guide. When I saw it, I was taken aback. It's like Quentin Richardson, Bobby Simmons and Lance Williams were hardly even there.

"I know we did positive things at DePaul, even though we ticked a lot of people off. But I take great pride in what they are doing.''

Kennedy is the coach at Montana, which went 10-18 this season. But he feels he has built up the program and that it will start to win big next season. "This has been just what the doctor ordered for me,'' he said.

Still fighting old battles, Kennedy said DePaul still "lacks commitment'' and needs a new stadium.

And if he were younger, he said, he would be jealous of Leitao's success while he sits in Montana.

"To be honest, he's getting a bit of a free ride right now,'' Kennedy said. "His time will come in two years when he plays with the players he brings in.

"There are a number of guys who could do an outstanding job with that group of kids. Dave Leitao is one of them, Joey Meyer is one of them, Pat Kennedy is another one. But give Dave credit. He's doing a very good job with what he has, and he brought in instant new enthusiasm.''

Here's the link to the full article:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg09.html

how kennedy ever did it isnt disputed. he got the players. what kennedy couldnt do is coach the players he brought in. his teams were always unprepared, out of shape and then he didnt do anything in the game that resembled he was even paying attention. i will never forget sitting behind the depaul bench at a cusa tourney where fat pat called a full timeout and then used the entire timeout to yell at one player who he then took out of the game as they went back to the floor. of course he later needed that timeout at the end of the game.