Congratulations to Phillip Hunt

The Harris-Stowe Hornets won today and scored 101 points. They are one of the top scoring teams in the nation, averaging 87ppg. Former billikens.com poster and STL HOOPS INSIDER staff member Justin Mosley is one of his assistant coaches. Next up for the Hornets is SEMO on November 5th. Hunt is getting his chance and it looks like he has things headed in the right direction.

The Harris-Stowe Hornets won today and scored 101 points. They are one of the top scoring teams in the nation, averaging 87ppg. Former billikens.com poster and STL HOOPS INSIDER staff member Justin Mosley is one of his assistant coaches. Next up for the Hornets is SEMO on November 5th. Hunt is getting his chance and it looks like he has things headed in the right direction.

-best of luck vtime

-since you are quoting stats i wonder if these stats are also important.....this is thru 2 games played in october, the record is 1-1 and avg points allowed is 99?

Guest BillikenReport

Congrats to Hunt and the original St. Louis Hoops Insider (I'm guessing V's brother, and not V, started this thread).

The Stowe plays at SEMO on Thursday. That one should be interesting.

Congrats to Hunt and the original St. Louis Hoops Insider (I'm guessing V's brother, and not V, started this thread).

I was wondering if vtime started the thread and then referred to himself as "Former billikens.com poster and STL HOOPS INSIDER staff member Justin Mosley." This thread gave me a good laugh.

Justin no longer runs STL HOOPS INSIDER and hasnt since he started coaching at Harris-Stowe. This account is for staff only. He's moved on and is purusing his dream and we wish him the best. I got a chance to speak with him yesterday and he wants to wish the Billikens good luck this season. Since they do play SEMO before SLU, I'm gonna check with him and see if he can give us a scouting report and/or let us know what to expect.

The Stowe plays at SEMO on Thursday. That one should be interesting.

SEMO 75, Harris-Stowe 67. 65-63 with 2:14 to go. I think Harris-Stowe's roster only has 9 players.

http://gosoutheast.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb.../110509aaa.html

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. - True freshman Derek Thompson scored 17 points, including 11 in the second half, to lead Southeast Missouri State University to a 75-67 win over Harris-Stowe Thursday night in exhibition action at the Show Me Center.

Thompson scored nine of his points from three-point range and gave the Redhawks double-digit leads on multiple occasions in the second half.

After a see-saw first half, which saw nine ties and eight lead changes, Southeast and Harris-Stowe were locked in a 33-33 tie at the half.

The Redhawks then used a 12-2 run in the first 5:54 of the second half to take a 45-35 lead on Israel Kirk's layup with 14:06 left to play.

From that point on, Southeast would not relinquish the lead.

Thompson's barrage of three-pointers came over a span of 4:05, and each kept the Redhawks lead at double-digits. His third trey during that period gave Southeast its biggest lead at 58-45 with 9:23 left.

The Hornets, however, would not go away quietly.

Trailing, 60-53, with 5:38 on the clock, Harris-Stowe made six free throws to ignite a 10-5 surge. Terry Hollins' pair of free throws capped the run and pulled the Hornets to within two (65-63) at the 2:14 mark.

Sam Pearson's flawless 6-of-6 free throws in the final 2:03 then sealed the 75-67 win.

"Tonight was a good test for us and we're able to review tomorrow," said Southeast head coach Dickey Nutt. "I thought we finished well and made our free throws down the stretch. Overall, it wasn't pretty, but I'm pleased we won the game."

Thompson came off the bench to shoot 6-of-14 from the field and 5-of-10 from beyond the arc. He was one of four Redhawks who scored double figures on the night.

Cameron Butler followed with 11 points, while Pearson and Anthony Allison each added 10. All but two of Pearson's points came at the charity stripe.

Hollins led all Harris-Stowe scorers with 14 points.

Southeast (37.1) and Harris-Stowe (39.3) shot under 40 percent, but the Redhawks outscored the Hornets, 26-12, in the paint. The Redhawks also turned the ball over just four times in the second half.

In addition, all eight of Southeast's three-pointers were made by freshmen. Thompson had five, while Marland Smith had three.

"It's exciting to see young guys have success," said Nutt. "Seeing those guys play well tonight was a good thing. I'm proud of them."

The Redhawks host Ouachita Baptist in one final exhibition game on Nov. 10. Tip off is set for 7 p.m., CT, at the Show Me Center.