Another great article by Gordo

....that sees the sarcasm of this piece to SLU folks.

Gordon probably gets a mailbox full of e-mails from SLU folks ripping him all the time(many times deserving).

I chuckled when I read his piece. I believe he is trying to get SLU fans' goat...and perhaps got some of them.

I certainly didn't take the SLU NIT explanations seriously.

and here's why: I think gordon honestly likes the Bills and wants us to do well. However, I also think he is an idiot as evidenced by just about every one of his articles this year.

Regardless of his motives, the thing is most average fans will read it and think we aren't good enough for the NIT. They will feel that if an "expert" like Gordon says it it must be true. Most poeple are not like us on this board.

i'm not the antler's biggest fan or anything, but it's just that type of "rude" fan that creates intimidating environments in gyms across the nation. if you walk in to cameron any given night, which is generally regarded as the toughest place to play in the nation, what you'll find is this "rude" or "rowdy" behavior, but by a much larger group of students who are all right on top of the floor. as much as everyone may love to hate the antlers (since, among othe reasons, they are associated with tiger fans like myself), they do help to create an environment that is tough to play in at mizzou.

The most intellegent thing I've heard out of an antler mouth was calling Chris Braun a ****** at the Billiken Game at the Hearns Center. With that kind of quick wit I'd just as soon do without the plucky comic relief generated by the antlers. If Slu's band or Blue Crew sinks to that level I'd just as soon do without them too.

I guess it takes a little envelope pushing to please the tiger faithful.

but the parity lies in the north. This is a debatable issue, but i tend to lean towards mizzou playing the tougher conference schedule. The teams in the south got to play Baylor and aTm twice, while Mizzou had to play KSU and Nebraska twice for our "gimme wins." As most bills fans would note, KSU is not nearly the gimme game that Baylor or aTm is.