NCAA President Miles Brand Dies

Hawk

Tragic. I sat in on a seminar he gave during the 2005 Final Four and he was very appreciative of the city of St. Louis and said that he anticipated St. Louis being a major player for hosting NCAA Championships in the years to come. With the Frozen Four, Women's Final Four and Wrestling having been here since, looks like the good doctor was right.

He will be missed.

Not by the IU fans... Some of the comments on there are just downright nasty.

Not surprising, since he actually cared about academics and student-athletes instead of just athletes. The NCAA made strides in the right direction under Brand and I hope they find someone to continue to do so. They still have a long way to go, though.

Not surprising, since he actually cared about academics and student-athletes instead of just athletes. The NCAA made strides in the right direction under Brand and I hope they find someone to continue to do so. They still have a long way to go, though.

I wonder if Booby Knight will send flowers? And I hope the NCAA finds someone who will kick some a** in the clearing department.

while i dont believe a lot of progress was ever made, i like the fact that brand at least had visions that would try to make a division one athlete more of a student athlete again. i hope i hope i hope that his replacement will try to build on that and continue to try to reform college athletics.