Romar and Soderberg

The fact of the matter is that we do not know where our team would be if Romar stayed in St. Louis, and we will never know. Hindsight for the detractors is twenty twenty.

The fact of the matter is that with two years of Soderberg, I think it is clear we are heading in the right direction.

Congrats to Romar...not only is it nice to see him win, but it was nice for the media to refer to his days back at SLU when he last beat a Number One ranked team......

His team has still to do some work to get into the NCAA tourney, so who knows perhaps we may see Washington in the NIT

I knew Romar would do well at Washington. He's a better fit there. I think Brad is a better fit here. I thought Romar was a pretty good coach, but his recruiting wasn't as good as it needed to be. Maybe it would have come in time, but he failed to make an impact - Pulley, Edwin, Varner, Kern, McClain, Lattimer - for a variety of reasons, there were way too many recruiting misses.

I wish Lorenzo well. He seems like a class act and left with no animosity. I think we're better off with Brad.

BTW - When did AJ become such a Romar fan? I seem to recall him constantly badgering the program when Romar was here.

AJ, 9-7 in C-USA this year is a better accomplishment than 9-7 in C-USA two years ago, because the league is much stronger this year.

I do not disagree with anything you have said. I think Romar gets an incomplete, perhaps we were about to turn the corner with him perhaps not....no one will ever know.....I think we are well off, I refuse to say better off, as we will never know....as was pointed out to me by a psych professor who interviewed me at George Washington when I applied to med school.....once you make a choice you will never know how the other choice would have turned out!! I just agreed and went on.....

I wish Romar well too....

As for AJ no comment.

One difference between the start of the careers at SLU for the two coaches. Coach Romar kept saying how the cupboard wasn't bare when he arrived at SLU. He inherited a team he could do things with. Coach Brad had a LOT of work to do when he arrived as HC to flesh out a roster. Now he knew the players better, since he had been with them for a year. But still, he had a lot of hustling to do when he arrived to come up with a squad.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of John Duff

I was going to leave this alone out of respect to Broy, but SLU made no forward progress under Zo. In fact, we may have gone backwards. For me, the biggest disappointment with him was the 2000-01 squad not making the dance. A big experienced front line, MP and MO in the backcourt, coming off the tremendous momentum created by the miracle in Memphis, and we didn't even make the NIT. Second was the disaster he left after 2002. Two of his star recruits flunked out-why wasn't he monitoring them? Recruited a guy who wasn't going to qualify and the other recruit was here solely because of him. How UB avoided a five win season last year is still a miracle in my mind. All that said, Good luck at Washington and Good riddance. We were always jsut a stepping stone for him to the WC. We need more than interim coaches if we are ever to make it to the next level. Hopefully, UB is that guy.