Recruiting

ACE

Is it accurate to say that we are trying to replace Ruben Cotto with this last scholarship - a combo guard? Did RM not view Cotto as that kind of player? Did he see him as more of a 2 than a guy who could play some at the point? I'm not sure what Cotto's deal was but if he stuck it out, there would have been an opportunity for a good chunk of playing time next year as KM's back up and a part-time 2.

I noticed Kentucky just signed another player today. We'll see if Harrelson will be on the move. There seems to be a lot of transfers moving around. Maybe Rick goes after one with the Eckerle scholarship?

Guest BillikenReport

Did he see him as more of a 2 than a guy who could play some at the point? I'm not sure what Cotto's deal was but if he stuck it out, there would have been an opportunity for a good chunk of playing time next year as KM's back up and a part-time 2.

Yes, that was the kind of player Cotto could have been.

Had he stayed at SLU, he might have started next season. But he didn't.

As to Harrelson, there's an article on CatsPause that starts out saying he knows he's fighting for his basketball life at UK. Couldn't read the rest as it's pay per view. With the class they've got coming in and future classes, I guess JH must be content to ride the pine and hope he's a member of a championship team rather than get much playing time. I wonder though what his plans will be if Calamari says, "your future ain't in Lexington."

Billlikens News Aggregator said you posted about the Florida guards going to Kansas State and a back east school. Have you seen film on Christian Salecich is he mostly likely to play in the style we have expected in Kevin Lisch? A combo guard?

Guest BillikenReport

Billlikens News Aggregator said you posted about the Florida guards going to Kansas State and a back east school. Have you seen film on Christian Salecich is he mostly likely to play in the style we have expected in Kevin Lisch? A combo guard?

I've been told Salecich can play both guards spots. The plan, as I understand it, is for him to be the back-up at point guard for at least a few minutes a game. If SLU was able to bring in another point guard, that player and Salecich would have backed up the PG spot.

Guest BillikenReport

Do the Bills now just turn attention to class of 2010 or can they pull something out? I think they can afford to be very selective with who they offer this spring.

There are still options out there. The transfer market, for lack of a better term, is starting to heat up and I'm sure they are looking at kids and seeing who would be interested in SLU and who might be a good fit.

There are still options out there. The transfer market, for lack of a better term, is starting to heat up and I'm sure they are looking at kids and seeing who would be interested in SLU and who might be a good fit.

I read today that the other Florida point guard who SLU had interest in signed with Georgia. Maybe the transfer market is the way to go at this point.

Even if we were able to land a transfer, don't forget that he'll have to sit out the 2009-10 season.

Your better off either holding the scholarship for the next class or recruiting a JC combo guard who can step in and play immediately.

I say hold the schollie, the only players you could find at this point are either lacking in talent or have some other issue(s). Lets focus on picking up a backup PG as well as possibly a Center and/or a slasher in the class of 2010.

I say hold the schollie, the only players you could find at this point are either lacking in talent or have some other issue(s). Lets focus on picking up a backup PG as well as possibly a Center and/or a slasher in the class of 2010.

You got to know when to "Holdem'", looks like now is the time. :D