Terry Evan III

He and his former Cardinal Ritter teammate Alex Barnett both finished up stellar college basketball career this year. Evans, the top defensive player in the history of his school and conference and UWGB legend, and Alex Barnett, the Ivy League player of the Year and a Dartmouth legend. I salute these two young men.

Guest BillikenReport

He and his former Cardinal Ritter teammate Alex Barnett both finished up stellar college basketball career this year. Evans, the top defensive player in the history of his school and conference and UWGB legend, and Alex Barnett, the Ivy League player of the Year and a Dartmouth legend. I salute these two young men.

Both these kids are legends?

That's a pretty strong word. They both had nice careers, but not sure anyone else would call them legends.

This is also a good example of kids finding the right fit for them. Both could have played at a higher level, but maybe not have been as successful.

Both these kids are legends?

That's a pretty strong word. They both had nice careers, but not sure anyone else would call them legends.

This is also a good example of kids finding the right fit for them. Both could have played at a higher level, but maybe not have been as successful.

If a SLU player wins player of year in A10 like Barnett did in his conference, he would be a SLU legend, no difference in this case. If a SLU player made the all-defenisve team all 4 years like Terry Evans did, he would be SLU legend. In addition to his senior season, Barnett had a great career, period. Evans might be considered the best defensive player in the history of his conference. He also won 1st defensive player of the year award in the history of the conference. I'm sure both these players go down as legends in their respective programs.

If a SLU player wins player of year in A10 like Barnett did in his conference, he would be a SLU legend, no difference in this case. If a SLU player made the all-defenisve team all 4 years like Terry Evans did, he would be SLU legend. In addition to his senior season, Barnett had a great career, period. Evans might be considered the best defensive player in the history of his conference. He also won 1st defensive player of the year award in the history of the conference. I'm sure both these players go down as legends in their respective programs.

I have never understood why we didn't seriously pursue Evans.

After his sophomore year, Terry Evans got in the Nike camp and tore it up and was ranked for a small portion of that summer as a top 50 player in the country. Then in his junior during the Christmas tournament at Normandy he hurt his knee and had surgery and didnt return until the state playoffs, but was able to give them some minutes and help them finish the season 31-0 and as state champions. He reinjured his knee in the offseason and didn't get to play much, if any AAU, so a LOT of programs dropped off of him. He was still a great athlete as senior, but not what he once was. He even had to redshirt at UW-Green Bay to get fully healthy. I can also understand why SLU passed, because they had 3 wings coming in that class all Evans height, Danny Brown, Luke Meyer, and Tommie Liddell, and another smaller guard signed in Dwayne Polk. Evans still had plenty of offers in the Spring, but chose Wisconsin-Green Bay. Barnett wanted to go to SLU, but again I can kind of understand why they didnt go after him with Lisch coming in and Liddell resigning. I'm also of the opinion that you get the best talent available regardless of need and let things work themselves out, but I can understand the position that the staff felt they were in.

Hindsight is 20/20

I wanted Evans bad. I thought he was the most talented player in that deep class when he wasn't hurt. When he hurt his knee and played again he just didn't look as good though. We had already signed one kid with a bum knee in Polk, we didn't need two. Still he would have been nice. Evans with Lisch and Liddell would have put us into the tourney.

Barnett was under the radar a lot. I think he played at the right level. He could have helped us bit not been a star for SLU.

Hindsight is 20/20

I wanted Evans bad. I thought he was the most talented player in that deep class when he wasn't hurt. When he hurt his knee and played again he just didn't look as good though. We had already signed one kid with a bum knee in Polk, we didn't need two. Still he would have been nice. Evans with Lisch and Liddell would have put us into the tourney.

Barnett was under the radar a lot. I think he played at the right level. He could have helped us bit not been a star for SLU.

Even after the knee, I liked him for us. Barnett wouldn't have hurt to have on the roster, that's for sure. When I think of the local guys we've missed on in the past decade, it gives me a headache.