hughes has nice game in knicks loss

billiken_roy

Good game for Larry. Still it will be hard for him to crack that guard rotation. He doesn't fit into D'Antoni's schemes. His perimeter guys are all gunners. Larry's outside shot just isn't good enough.

Has Larry said a kind word about SLU, made a donation or done anything to help SLU since leaving after one (1) year. I don't recall anything. If I did, maybe I would care even a little about his underachieving NBA career.

He came to SLU; that's more than we can say for any other St. Louis area McDonalds All American. In one year he provided me with a plethora of memorable Billikens moments. His jumper from the sideline against UMASS provided us with our last tournament win. Maybe that is why some of the posters on this message board are fond of him. Are there any other Billikens in the NBA for us to follow?

Larry is somewhat visible in the area. He has a charitable foundation and holds fundraisers a couple times a year. Is he giving money to SLU? Doubtful.

BTW he started for the Knicks the night before last had 19 points and 5 assists in a loss. Q Richardson was DNP so Larry may have moved his way into the rotation.

clock, if saint louis university wasnt smart enough to insure they were in a good place with larry, that was very shortsighted.

slu did put him in the hall of fame so one would think they are on good terms. but i dont know if he is or not a booster.

clock, if saint louis university wasnt smart enough to insure they were in a good place with larry, that was very shortsighted.

slu did put him in the hall of fame so one would think they are on good terms. but i dont know if he is or not a booster.

Just curious. Recall he came back to a game or two, when he could - hard to do when NBA season is in full swing with our games - to watch his buddy Justin Taatum play. Just curious.

Band. Not trying to villify the guy. Would be nice if he dropped a kind word every now and then, wore a SLU hat on occasion and/or teamed up with SLU front office for anything: summer camps, etc.