When will KL return to form?

GOSLU68

our 2 and 3 have been inconsistent to say the least; we can only imagine what our season would be like if KL had not landed hard in that pre season meaningless game against UMSL if I recall. I think he has been playing hurt and tentative ever

since and it may take an off season before he recovers and does well playing in Europe. Of course, with KL less of a threat the defenses tend to put their best guy or buys on TL and that shuts him down. If we can get Conklin, Willie, or BT or even BE the ball and divert some attention then we have a different team. With KM we at least have a chance for assists. For team leader KL to not have any assists to speak of when running the point in lieu of KM that is a real mystery

and I can only think he feels so much pressure to find his own lost game that he

is also forgetting he has four team mates on the floor with him

I can only think he feels so much pressure to find his own lost game that he

is also forgetting he has four team mates on the floor with him

Reading between the lines on the recent slew of "What's wrong with KL and TL" posts, some believe/speculate that neither is all that thrilled about playing for RM. If you buy into this thinking, you might conclude both may have of tossed in the towel on this season. Who knows, maybe they really do feel like the red headed step children, since in RM's own words, he didn't choose them nor they him. If this theory is to be believed, and I don't buy it, it's not hard to see why TL or KL are not having the kind of SR year we had all anticipated. But I think it's got to do more with how our opponents are gearing up to play SLU. Obviously, if you're scouting SLU you'd say " stop the senior tandem and make those freshman beat us." I think this is the primary factor in their decline. Plus in KL's instance you get the idea his hand injury is really starting to frustrate him, as he must cope with the thought it can split open again at any time. Ever had a paper cut between your fingers? It hurts like hell when you spread your fingers. Now imagine taking a knife and slitting that webbing even deeper. That must really be painful. I just find it hard to believe that KL and TL are going at this year with less than a full commitment to winning. It doesn't jive with the way they've gone about their business in the 3.5 years they've been at SLU. Yeah, we know TL was down last year adjusting to RM's ways, but he stayed, so you have to assume he's bought into the program. As for the idea they are still loyal to Soderberg and just won't accept RM, I can't imagine they didn't see the handwriting on the wall when he failied to follow up their recruitment with any decent influx of talent to support them. In fact I would have thought they would have been pleased to see the upgrade in recruiting RM's bought to us. Unfortunately, they aren't going to be around to reap the benefits. Which is really sad given how much they've bought to the program. They were just at SLU at the wrong time, but it is what it is.

our 2 and 3 have been inconsistent to say the least; we can only imagine what our season would be like if KL had not landed hard in that pre season meaningless game against UMSL if I recall. I think he has been playing hurt and tentative ever since and it may take an off season before he recovers and does well playing in Europe.

Kevin Lisch suffered the tailbone injury in the exhibition against Harris Stowe and sat out the UMSL game, which was not "meaningless," since it counts on the team's record. There is no way that that bruise from early in the season has been hampering Lisch. He's struggling, and part of it is the respect he's getting from opponents.

Kevin Lisch suffered the tailbone injury in the exhibition against Harris Stowe and sat out the UMSL game, which was not "meaningless," since it counts on the team's record. There is no way that that bruise from early in the season has been hampering Lisch. He's struggling, and part of it is the respect he's getting from opponents.

I have to agree with thicks here. The tailbone injury is a convenient excuse but I don't think it explains the whole story. I would hardly call Kevin tentative as he's hoisting up a fair amount of shots.

I wish I knew what was going on with KL...maybe just a down year. But at the end of the game, I still want KL with the ball.

I have to agree with thicks here. The tailbone injury is a convenient excuse but I don't think it explains the whole story. I would hardly call Kevin tentative as he's hoisting up a fair amount of shots.

I wish I knew what was going on with KL...maybe just a down year. But at the end of the game, I still want KL with the ball.

I think he's pressing. I've seen him dribble the ball way too much this year, and often times into trouble. I've seen him pass up open looks and try to get to the hole. He seems to have lost some confidence in his shot and it's clearly not falling for him, in turn he's trying to make things happen. Like a batter who's slumping he's trying to do too much. Like 72, I don't buy for a second that Kevin has packed it in, in fact I think the opposite is true. He knows that he and Tommie have to carry the offensive load this season and to a large extent the success of the team lies squarely on their shoulders. Add that to the fact he just hasn't found a rythym with his shot and it leads to him pressing and trying to do to much. I wish he could just relax and let the game come to him, but he's so damn competitive I would imagine that is very hard for him to do. His natural instinct is to try and make something happen.

thanks for the correction I knew it was very early and although I support having the Harris Stowe game to get the local crowd into the building for

Division I basketball I stll think it was "a meaningless game" a fluke injury but if you had landed on your tailbone from that high up on a hard floor

you would be reminded of it for the rest of your life-ask a doctor or someone who has stepped off a landing and hit their tailbone. And no matter how young you are it is the type of injury that hurts on occasion not constantly where you can adapt to it.

This kid, KL has been bounced around alot on the court and both he and TL get hacked and shoved just like KM did his first game back and coach tried in vain to get the refs to protect him

thanks for the correction I knew it was very early and although I support having the Harris Stowe game to get the local crowd into the building for

Division I basketball I stll think it was "a meaningless game" a fluke injury but if you had landed on your tailbone from that high up on a hard floor

you would be reminded of it for the rest of your life-ask a doctor or someone who has stepped off a landing and hit their tailbone. And no matter how young you are it is the type of injury that hurts on occasion not constantly where you can adapt to it.

This kid, KL has been bounced around alot on the court and both he and TL get hacked and shoved just like KM did his first game back and coach tried in vain to get the refs to protect him

My reference to "not meaningless" was the UMSL game, not the Harris Stowe exhibition. I will agree that that one was "meaningless."

I've hurt my tailbone before, and it does not stick with me nor flare up to bother me on occasion. I'm sorry, but I just don't think Lisch has any excuse for his play -- he's just having a year below expectations.

Everyone ragged on Ian Vouyoukas because he didn't dominate his senior season, but they want Lisch to have some excuse.