Pick the NBA player out of this Picture

lucky bob

P.S., the board's New Year's resolution for 2009 should be to not mention Ahearn or whatever that guy's name who went to Kentucky is -- oh, yeah, Harrellson.

I just thought the photo was funny because it looks like he is the team's manager, you wouldn't think he would have played in the NBA by looking at him.

He said played as in past tense and he's currently on assignment from the San Antonio Spurs whom he played with earlier this season. Hopefully he returns to the team at a later date. Anthony Tolliver, another D-League call up has been sent up and down by the Spurs this year as well.

Actually, he said "NBA Player." In my grammar book, that is present tense.

It says "played" in this post that i was referring to.

I really like BS as a coach and human being but when he ignored the BA family wanting Blake to become a Billiken I thought that was his worst non

decision; instead we got the kid from Minnesota who wanted to be fed passes for jumpers 10 feet from the key which he couldn't make and he never

penetrated and I think he went to Houston or someplace and I don't know if he ever started for his new team. Having a short, gym rat son who excelled to the point where he could have played at SLU or Miami of Ohio you would think BS could have recognized the desire in Blake Ahearn would overcome

a lot of talent that sits on the bench for 4 years waiting for permission to play.

I have moved on but I'll bet the Blake Ahearn family still resents SLU for prejudice of its coach for more athletic players

Alex Barnett was mentioned recently in a thread and he also wanted to come to SLU and was willing to even come as walk-on if not on scholarship because he was the valedictorian of his class at Ritter and could write his own ticket anywhere on academic scholarship. Brad was a good guy and the timing of his firing coming off a 20 win season was awfully weird, but these kinds of mistakes made every other year; Ahearn 03, Barnett 05, Harrellson 07, are the kinds of mistakes that cost you a job.