Fight Song

RB2.0

13 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Since I never heard the Fist Pump Song, is this the new fight song? Oh brother...

It wasn’t called the fist pump song it was a mash up of songs and pop culture references that was played prior to tip. One of the parts was the hype person singing “take it to the left left left left take t to the right right right right” the student would pump their fists along with the cues. Probably my second favorite thing the student section has done since our “Free Throw Defense” when I was in school (for 8 years) 

1 hour ago, Billikid said:

It was more of a mash up of four songs we could get people to dance to. The emcee, Dre, and a cheerleader and SLUnatics leader would go down front and lead the dance. Did it for conference season. 

A lot of ideas were implemented this past year and while much of its not really aimed at the general attendees, hopefully you'll be noticing sooner than later. I guess it's not really a tradition unless it happens over and over as time passes so I mean we'll see what sticks and what changes moving forward.

It all has to be passed on to the next group of leadership. Passing on of traditions has really been poor. You guys can change that for sure!

39 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It all has to be passed on to the next group of leadership. Passing on of traditions has really been poor. You guys can change that for sure!

I agree and that's the plan! The new leadership is full of some extremely dedicated and motivated individuals who are going to be around for a while, and there's a lot more of them than we had before. I'm excited for the future of SLU bball games for a lot of reasons.

Box and Won likes this

22 minutes ago, Billikid said:

I agree and that's the plan! The new leadership is full of some extremely dedicated and motivated individuals who are going to be around for a while, and there's a lot more of them than we had before. I'm excited for the future of SLU bball games for a lot of reasons.

I think this year around conference season we’ll see a jump in student attendance where everyone in the section is engaged and not just there to sit on their hands. We should have a product on the floor that will entertain even the most apathetic spectator.