Jonathon Smith Article

EMS67

And it seems Rickma was the lead salesman. Way to go. Nice to see we beat out X for a player that will haunt them rather than the other way around.

With Smith and Reid (who could turn out to be the gem of the recruiting class) from Kansas we having another great recruiting class. I believe in another 2 years we will be sitting pretty. :P

With Smith and Reid (who could turn out to be the gem of the recruiting class) from Kansas we having another great recruiting class. I believe in another 2 years we will be sitting pretty. :P

For this to happen, we still need to see which kids in these two classes will be able to shoot from the outside on a consistent basis.

For this to happen, we still need to see which kids in these two classes will be able to shoot from the outside on a consistent basis.

Agree. Hopefully with the law of averages that if you get pretty good recruits some of them will be able to put the ball in the ocean. As far this last years class, I am impressed (especially with Conklin and Mitchell) and I think they all will have the potential to turn out to be outstanding by the time they are sophs and juniors. The problem now is we are like a donut> nothing in the middle (no sophs or juniors).

In years past, we get one real good player (a Love, Jeffers, Perry, etc..) a class and you just hope and pray he turned out all right. I am much more comfortable today with our odds.

Guest BillikenReport

And it seems Rickma was the lead salesman. Way to go. Nice to see we beat out X for a player that will haunt them rather than the other way around.

Biancardi did a lot of the recruiting work on Smith. After Biancardi moved on, Majerus closed the deal.

I don't think you can say SLU beat out Xavier for Smith. Xavier didn't offer him.

Guest BillikenReport

Well we can hope that they will regret the decision not to offer when he is dropping 25 on them in confrence play...

It doesn't hurt to have a kid who has something to prove against X for four years.