Watch tonight

philliken

Just spoke with Sports Zone in Kenrick Plaza. I'll be there tonight watching the game. They are going to have one of the big screens on the Billiken game and the other on the Blues game. $13 buckets of 6, $6.25 pitchers and $2 domestic longnecks after 8pm. I'll be there around 6:45 with my Father if anyone else is interested in watching there.

Just spoke with Sports Zone in Kenrick Plaza. I'll be there tonight watching the game. They are going to have one of the big screens on the Billiken game and the other on the Blues game. $13 buckets of 6, $6.25 pitchers and $2 domestic longnecks after 8pm. I'll be there around 6:45 with my Father if anyone else is interested in watching there.

"Domestic longnecks". Sounds like a cute phrase for suburban couples that sneak around and watch guys beat their wives.

Domestic Longneck #1: "Ralph, dear God, don't hit her again!"

Ralph: "Mind ya bizness, this ain't none a yours."

Domestic Longneck #2: "Ralph, I'm calling the police!"

Ralph: "G'head. I don't give a rat's @$$."

I was shocked at how no other bars besides Buffalo Wild Wings have ESPN Full Court in the Clifton area of Cincinnati. There's at least a couple dozen bars within a mile radius of me and I have to settle on BWW, whose food is grossly overrated and whose restaurant seems out of place there. Oh well, the price I pay for being a Billiken fan.

BWW Employee: Buffalo Wild Wings.

Me: Hi, do you guys have the ESPN Full Court package?

BWW: I don't know. Hang on. [1 minute passes]

BWW: What game?

Me: I'll probably be the only one asking to watch this, but Saint Louis-Nebraska at 8:00.

BWW: Hang on. [2 minutes pass]

BWW: Is that football or basketball?

Me: Basketball.

BWW: Yeah, we got it.

Also, to the other out-of-towners, this is SLU's only ESPN Full Court game this year, so get out and see them while you have the chance. Places with DirecTV and DISH should also get the Fox Sports Midwest broadcast.

I was shocked at how no other bars besides Buffalo Wild Wings have ESPN Full Court in the Clifton area of Cincinnati. There's at least a couple dozen bars within a mile radius of me and I have to settle on BWW, whose food is grossly overrated and whose restaurant seems out of place there. Oh well, the price I pay for being a Billiken fan.

BWW Employee: Buffalo Wild Wings.

Me: Hi, do you guys have the ESPN Full Court package?

BWW: I don't know. Hang on. [1 minute passes]

BWW: What game?

Me: I'll probably be the only one asking to watch this, but Saint Louis-Nebraska at 8:00.

BWW: Is that football or basketball?

Me: Basketball.

BWW: Yeah, we got it.

Also, to the other out-of-towners, this is SLU's only ESPN Full Court game this year, so get out and see them while you have the chance. Places with DirecTV and DISH should also get the Fox Sports Midwest broadcast.

St. Louis is not a good sports bar town either. There are a lot of places that falsely advertise themselves as such, yet they do not pay for sports packages. I can count on one hand or so the places that will actually buy the packages.

I think I'll be at the SportsZone tonight, though I don't know how long I'm going to be there.

I'll be in a Cards windbreaker and a blue dress shirt hopefully in fron of big screens. No rose in a book though.

St. Louis is not a good sports bar town either. There are a lot of places that falsely advertise themselves as such, yet they do not pay for sports packages. I can count on one hand or so the places that will actually buy the packages.

I can't imagine why, either. The package costs $99 for the entire season- even if it's more for a bar with all those TVs, that's ridiculous not to buy it.