ramsey suspended

bills16

I think Burwell has for the most part said a lot of good things about SLU when he mentions it, the one exception being his article about how they should go to the Valley (I think he now knows he was wrong). I'm glad to see at least one mention of SLU in the P-D these days.

Seeing that X (A-10 small Jesuit school) beat what looks to be a pretty good Mizzou team and then beat Memphis.... and seeing that SLU played and beat East Coast/ACC/Jesuit school, this weekend, one can only imagine how high SLU has the ability to ascend in the A-10. No way does RM recruit like he has playing in the Valley.

There should be more SLU coverage than there has been in a long time. There should be more now than at any other point in the year, as fall sports are in the playoffs and winter sports are starting up. The soccer team is in the second round, the volleyball team is the best in school history, and basketball has a big-name coach in a new arena and is a totally different program than ever before. The thing that shocks me is that the BC game write-up did not appear in the print edition, according to what people on here are saying (I live out of town). It's online, but like all SLU articles online, you normally have to do a little digging.

On the Sports main page, there are subsections for More Sports, Sports Forums (Rams, Cards, Bernie, Blues), Cards, Bernie, Burwell, Rams, Blues, Goold, Mizzou, Prep Sports, and Gordon. Unless a SLU headline pops up in More Sports, it requires using the top sports tab and scrolling over to SLU. That's fine for us because we're all familiar with the site and know where to look; casual fans might not know that. For a while, they didn't even have Billiken Beat listed under Sports blogs.

The material is all there but it takes some effort to track it down; it's frustrating that the local paper isn't doing the local DI program any favors. It would be nice to have articles out there for everyone to see, and to have the chance for casual fans to catch an article and maybe a little more interest in the team. SLU sports only have a sort of cult status in the P-D and on stltoday.com, so only the passionate few see what's being written.

If Frank is making the kind of money it was reporting he was making, I can't feel bad for the guy.

The funny thing about the management at 101.1 is that the same guy who ripped apart KFNS is now in charge at 101.1. And now Dave Greene, who didn't do much at 1380 when he was in charge there, takes over at 590.

It's interesting how local sports radio works in this town. It's a revolving door of the same old people recycling the same old opinions. And most of those people don't even attend the sporting events they are talking about on a daily basis. So they watch the game and/or read the newspaper, just like most of the fans out there, and then try to go on the air talking about it and pretending to be some kind of insider.

There are some good people in local sports radio ... and then there are guys who are stealing money whenever they go on the air.

And that makes Stl sports radio different than say Chicago or lots of other markets how?

Burwell was at the Kent State game doing research in preparation of Saturday's game against Boston College.

Burwell has always been really fair and positive to the Billikens. With the exception of Nate and Tom there is not a person that writes for the sports page that has attended more Billiken games than Bryan in his time in St. Louis. People get upset with Burwell in this town for two reasons. First they forget he is a columnist and his article are supposed to be provocative. Second, some people will never like him because he is an outspoken black man.

Guest BillikenReport

The thing that shocks me is that the BC game write-up did not appear in the print edition, according to what people on here are saying (I live out of town).

I have the Sunday sports section right in front of me and it has the story and the column from the game.

I have the Sunday sports section right in front of me and it has the story and the column from the game.

My mistake, I misread it- the previous thread was about the pregame write-up, not postgame. That's pretty pathetic, too. Would have been nice for the thousands of households that get the P-D each morning to see a pregame write-up. Maybe some people with nothing to do that afternoon would have gone down to check it out.