OT: No Final Four for St. Louis

Box and Won

Looks like they are not favoring more warmer climates - The Indy one was one they have to do. Yes this is disappointing.

Very disappointing. Total favoritism of the south! The warmer climate may matter more over the winter, but the Midwest is generally beautiful in late March. You're right- Indy is one they had to do. I don't mind seeing New Orleans; if it had an economic impact of $40 million in St. Louis, that's money that a city like New Orleans desperately needs. But Atlanta, Dallas, and Houston? Big, sterile, too spread out, and made up mostly of transplants. I like to visit places with more character.

2005 went so well here and generated great money for the city's economy. If the Rams wind up leaving after 2014, that Dome may have been a colossal mistake.

-this is not good for STL

-i have not read anything but this link, but i could see the possiblity that new orleans is a gift to them after the hurricane and the other buildings are newer than the Ed

-if newer buildings is the key, stl is screwed

-if it was something else, i wonder what that could be as we have always been told stl did a great job in hosting these events

-what did indy give the ncaa to get them out of kc???

-this is not good for STL

-i have not read anything but this link, but i could see the possiblity that new orleans is a gift to them after the hurricane and the other buildings are newer than the Ed

-if newer buildings is the key, stl is screwed

-if it was something else, i wonder what that could be as we have always been told stl did a great job in hosting these events

-what did indy give the ncaa to get them out of kc???

But if newer buildings is the key, that only makes sense for Indianapolis, Houston, and Dallas. New Orleans will still use the Superdome (1975) and Atlanta has the Georgia Dome (1992) -and they're hoping they don't see a repeat of what the rainstorms did during that SEC tournament last year.

Everything I heard was that 2005 was a great success and that St. Louis would be a great return site the next round of bids. Now 2017 is the next possibility and the dome will be 22 years old by then.