(OT ) Peoria Chiefs played at Wrigley

BLIKNS

The other night the Cubs Class A Peoria Chiefs played a game at Wrigley Field,this was the first time a minor league team had played there since.......................the night before when the Cubs played .

The other night the Cubs Class A Peoria Chiefs played a game at Wrigley Field,this was the first time a minor league team had played there since.......................the night before when the Cubs played .

We were the best minor league team in Chicago for DECADES! I have been waiting all my life to do this so thank you...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings

Also, and I dont mean this as a knock but simply out of curiosity, how is it that in the new Busch Stadium the record attendance wasnt for a game during the world series? I read on a website that "In 2007, they set a one-day attendance record in their new Busch Stadium with 46,237 fans." Did Busch add some more seats somewhere that I did not know about?

We were the best minor league team in Chicago for DECADES! I have been waiting all my life to do this so thank you...

Also, and I dont mean this as a knock but simply out of curiosity, how is it that in the new Busch Stadium the record attendance wasnt for a game during the world series? I read on a website that "In 2007, they set a one-day attendance record in their new Busch Stadium with 46,237 fans." Did Busch add some more seats somewhere that I did not know about?

Suite holders and party rooms can be expanded. If you own a suite you are contracted to by x seats with the option of buying x more. For the game you are talking about most owners picked up the maximum seats they could buy to see the Cards -Cubs. Don't forget World Series ticket prices are out of sight.

Suite holders and party rooms can be expanded. If you own a suite you are contracted to by x seats with the option of buying x more. For the game you are talking about most owners picked up the maximum seats they could buy to see the Cards -Cubs. Don't forget World Series ticket prices are out of sight.

Mozelac was talking about it during that weekend and in addition to the suites they expanded the standing room only tickets as the fire marshal and others got more comfortable.

While a Cubs series is exciting stuff around here it doesn't even compare to the World Series. Wouldn't expect a Cubs fan to understand though.

You need to cite your source. Game 5 of the 2006 series had 46,638 (source: P-D). All I can find for the 46,237 number is that it was a regular-season record.

You need to cite your source. Game 5 of the 2006 series had 46,638 (source: P-D). All I can find for the 46,237 number is that it was a regular-season record.

I'm not questioning your numbers or what the Post said but many sources said that our recent Cub game was the most attended game in the history of the new Busch.

I'm not questioning your numbers or what the Post said but many sources said that our recent Cub game was the most attended game in the history of the new Busch.

Corroboration of the 46,638 WS number, courtesy of ESPN. Clearly, those many sources were sloppy in not qualifying it as the most attended regular-season game at the new Busch.

Bishop: During season 1 (2006), 4176 seats in the upper decks didn't become available until the end of May. For the post-season, the Cardinals put folding chairs on the field along the first and third baselines and substituted similar chairs for some of the standing room. The net result was 1,900 seats added and 1,000 standing room slots eliminated for the NLCS and World Series.

At the beginning of season 2 (2007), about 500 box seats and some number of bleachers seats were added, but the total number of standing-room seats declined (I can't find a number for it).