Calipari and Memphis

bg

.....from an admitted UCLA fan.

Can't say that anything surprises me here............at least he doesn't claim to have a no-tolerance policy.

http://cornellsun.com/node/29581

One question: Why does he think Dorsey should have been arrested for making it rain? It's a completely asinine public display and if crimes could be charged for boorish behavior, this would be at the top of the list. But it's not a crime, and I don't get why this nerd thought Dorsey could have been arrested for it.

One question: Why does he think Dorsey should have been arrested for making it rain? It's a completely asinine public display and if crimes could be charged for boorish behavior, this would be at the top of the list. But it's not a crime, and I don't get why this nerd thought Dorsey could have been arrested for it.

I think making it rain is awesome. I would calmly walk over, grab a fistful of cash off of the floor, high-five him, and walk the hell out of there. Assuming I ever entered a hip hop club. Which I won't. Because it's the most vapid culture ever. MMA culture (or at least the pseudo MMA culture being perpetuated by rednecks and fueled by barely legal supplement sponsorship) comes in a close second.

I don't think he should have been arrested, but doesn't it make you wonder where he gets enough cash to be able to do that and not miss it?

I don't think he should have been arrested, but doesn't it make you wonder where he gets enough cash to be able to do that and not miss it?

Yes, that is the much larger question. Even if he had a wad of $1 bills, making it rain requires a lot. I'm guessing he didn't obtain that cash through conventional means.

Reminds me of Donald Little at UC a few years back, who strapped his roommate to a chair while he "interrogated" him with hot wax and lighters because the kid owed him or stole from him a significant amount of money. On top of the obvious questions regarding the torture of another human being, I always wondered how Little had a significant amount of money to blow, how his roommate got it, and why he would take matters into his own hands before going through the authorities (which would probably become clear if I knew the answer to the first question).

Jimbo- spot-on as always. Club culture and MMA culture (and the cheaper offshoots of both) are dumping grounds for the worst people our society cranks out.

I always wanted a girlfriend who worked at "the Plush Club," didn't you? I mean, that is one stacked rack because that's about all one would find at a club with that name and events of the type usually associated the usual "rain."

Now I know where some of those Memphis Dance Girls got their training. Maybe too for some UC, Lousiville and even some Charlotte girls. Who knows, eh?

Exactly. I've always wanted to "make it rain" but I couldn't part with the $200 to make it happen.

My little brother (14 y/0) has adopted what he calls "The Dollar Dance"® where he opens up his razor thin black leather wallet, removes the one (1) US dollar that resides w/in, and drops it from shoulder height to the floor. From the instant it's released until it hits the floor, he dances AS HARD AS HE CAN while going "insa insa insa insa" (you know, the house music mouth sound). Then he picks up the dollar, places it carefully back in his wallet, and walks away.

So you could try that. It's a nice transtition from soul-ful to soul-less for those who are having trouble letting go. :o