2 down, 5 to go..

alameda bob

Shades of last year's finish. My question to those of you lucky enough to be there as I had to listen to the MU radio feed. Everyone said there was better student support at the game. Who went to the tailgate party and what was that like? Where there many of the blue t-shirts from there visible in the crowd to make any kind of impression. Some of the adds for MU support from local bars that run free busses to the game in Milwaukee, to avoid expensive downtown parking, where to buy team souveniers, etc. sounds like SLU needs to do more similar efforts at Marketing like they started with the tailgate last night. I expect much more with the new on campus arena, but that is still several years away.

I loved the ad about not asking a Dutch girl to share costs of a date and other funny things about swiss cheese, etc. even though I don't remember the product they were selling. But then I was watching another game on ESPN with the sound off and was mentally tuning in and out all night long.

I went to the tailgate party last night and it was pretty well atteneded. There were probably around 100 kids there, I'm not sure though, I'm not very good at estimating, but there were a lot. The only downside was that they ran out of pizza very fast. They didn't have any when I got there but the bud light was free so it wasn't a problem. I think the tailgate did a great job at creating a buzz for the game and I'm so glad we had an exciting game for so many student's first game, hopefully they will come out to more. But aside from the pizza problem it went well and I hope we have more.

Sounds like the "party planners" all underestimated. The school had a thank-you reception for season ticket holders at J Bucks from 5-7:00 b/4 the game and there was no where near enough space or tables. As I was leaving this poorly organized event (I only stayed 10 minutes because there was no room) 4 other people were walking out and talking about the same problem. I'm really not complaining because I appreciate the effort to thank the fans but it just seems like the school is having trouble getting it's act together e. g. bus for students to and from the games. "Anything worth doing is worth doing right", so we just need to improve on the second part of that statement.

The tailgate headcount was 200-250 at least. Music, food, & beer were provided and the weather was unbelievably good. The T-shirts were sold out by 5:45, so I don't think the SGA anticipated such a turn out. However, that does prove the majority’s opinion that if SLU merchandise is made available; it will be bought by the masses.

At the game, the student section was loud, huge, and tremendous. It appeared they were all having a great time.

Maybe that is the key to success… Host a keg party before each game, shoot if A-B won't donate it, maybe I will.

when i got the jbucks thing in the mail, i said to the lovely anita, "how the hell do they think they will accomodate the season tix holders on something like this at a single restaurant?" no way i would have even tried to attend even if i would have had time for it. it was a nice gesture, but doomed from moment one. what were they thinking.

>The tailgate headcount was 200-250 at least. Music, food, &

>beer were provided and the weather was unbelievably good.

>The T-shirts were sold out by 5:45, so I don't think the SGA

>anticipated such a turn out. However, that does prove the

>majority’s opinion that if SLU merchandise is made

>available; it will be bought by the masses.

>

>At the game, the student section was loud, huge, and

>tremendous. It appeared they were all having a great time.

>

>Maybe that is the key to success… Host a keg party before

>each game, shoot if A-B won't donate it, maybe I will.

Now I know why the students were fired up for this game: they were pumped full of free beer for 2 hours prior to the game. This should be easy enough to duplicate!!! Just think how much easier this is going to be when we have an on campus arena and the students merely have to walk a few blocks (cup of beer in hand) to the game.

I made it to J Bucks and had plenty to eat and drink. They kept bringing out plates of appetizers and there seemed to be plenty to go around. I arrived around 5:15 and there were still plenty of tables. It did get crowded and a number of people were standing, but it looked like everyone enjoyed themselves. I agree, that the place is not large enough to hold all the season ticket holders, but not everyone goes. I believe this is the 3rd time they have held this type of get together there and each one seemed to go well, except that it does get crowded. J Bucks is a corporate sponsor and this may be one of the ways they show that support.