d'lancy carter

wouldn't hurt to have him. wasn't he the guy from the east side who everyone said wasn't good enough for slu. well, he was better than everyone we had down low.

i don't remember many folks that said he wasnt good enough for SLU. Weren't we in the running for him?

When did he ever live in the St. Louis area (I heard Rammer mention it)? The Bonawelding web site lists his home town as Houston.

He went to Belleville West as a junior, but moved to Texas right before his senior season. I'm not sure if he was even healthy/eligible that junior season. He blossomed down in Texas, and continued to develop while playing JUCO. He did an interview with STL Hoops Insider back in September. He did express interest in playing at SLU. One of the reasons he chose St. Bonaventure is because his family can come see him when he plays SLU.

He went to Belleville West as a junior, but moved to Texas right before his senior season. I'm not sure if he was even healthy/eligible that junior season. He blossomed down in Texas, and continued to develop while playing JUCO. He did an interview with STL Hoops Insider back in September. He did express interest in playing at SLU. One of the reasons he chose St. Bonaventure is because his family can come see him when he plays SLU.

2009 and from then on; here's to never having to say we wish we had a 4 or a 5

WENT TO JUCO ------

I would assume that little hiccup leaves us out of the running for 97% of the kids going that route. I know this is a facetious comparison but if the kid gets two years in on his welding degree at French Lick CC, he ain't coming here unless we have a welding degree he can move into. There are rules.

With Conklin, Thompson and Reed, along with the second year of Eberhardt, along with the advances I am seeing in Knollmeyer, I'm of the opinion that our issues with the four (or lack thereof) will be coming to an end in the near term.

you may be right that grades were an issue. however, lets not just assume that. remember, the person we took instead of carter was eberhart, who also was a JUCO. recall a discussion on this board around this time last year. some seemed to think UB was not recruiting him because he was not slu caliber. in fact, people thought he had found a great place for himself at st. bonaventure.

WENT TO JUCO ------

I would assume that little hiccup leaves us out of the running for 97% of the kids going that route. I know this is a facetious comparison but if the kid gets two years in on his welding degree at French Lick CC, he ain't coming here unless we have a welding degree he can move into. There are rules.

With Conklin, Thompson and Reed, along with the second year of Eberhardt, along with the advances I am seeing in Knollmeyer, I'm of the opinion that our issues with the four (or lack thereof) will be coming to an end in the near term.