Irons May Cost the Hill Brothers

Postcard

If they were in a holding cell for getting in trouble one night, they would be in there with whoever else is in trouble that night (drunks and the like), none of whom would have weapons. When you get in there, they take everything from your pockets along with your belt, shoes/shoelaces, etc. They even feed you a bologna sandwich. I think Roy means if they get arrested one night for something dumb, a few hours in a holding cell isn't going to kill them.

thank you pistol.

It's not about showing how tough you are. It's about teaching your kids that actions have consquences...something called "parenting". Someday you guys may understand that. I hope for your kid's sake you do. He/she will be better for it.

thank you sltom

YOu and Roy are missing the whole point. THEIR FATHER WHO WAS THE ONLY PARENT IN THIER LIFE WAS RIGHT BEHIND THE DECISION. So you tell me if you were raised by your broke ass father all your life and at 14 he told you that you were going to move play for the basketball powerhouse in the area and all your needs would be taken care, what would you have done?

We can all agree that the Hill brothers father didn't do a great job so why take it out on the kids? They were doing as told in the environment they grew up in.

if i was the hills, by then i likely would have realized that my "dad" was clueless. i probably wouldnt have any respect for him and would be praying "god please help me be different than my father". i would have went to my principal and/or coach and discussed with them what was going on and asked for help.

Too many variables. Things go terribly wrong all the time. I think you get them out ASAP, and deal with them accordingly at home.

Wrong, young man. Come back when you actually have some life experience to apply. There's many things you understand so little about, which is understandable at your tender age, but why do you insist on making an ass out of yourself so often?

if i was the hills, by then i likely would have realized that my "dad" was clueless. i probably wouldnt have any respect for him and would be praying "god please help me be different than my father". i would have went to my principal and/or coach and discussed with them what was going on and asked for help.

If that was the environment you grew up in and you loved your dad you would not think that way. Give me a break. You live in a fantasy world. Roy, don't you get that if for all the years these kids grew up they had one parent, who by all accounts struggled to get by, and this was the life and the example they had for how life works. They weren't raised to be any different. For you to think that they should have "turned in" the only parent in their life is laughable. You've have grown up in such a sheltered life that you have no idea how the real world is.

Wrong, young man. Come back when you actually have some life experience to apply. There's many things you understand so little about, which is understandable at your tender age, but why do you insist on making an ass out of yourself so often?

You're so experienced. Please come back when you learn how to understand WTF is going on. You got on your high horse and said "this is about parenting" and when I correctly pointed out you didn't know what you were talking about you failed to answer my post. So, don't go calling people out when you don't know what you're talking about in the first place.

If that was the environment you grew up in and you loved your dad you would not think that way. Give me a break. You live in a fantasy world. Roy, don't you get that if for all the years these kids grew up they had one parent, who by all accounts struggled to get by, and this was the life and the example they had for how life works. They weren't raised to be any different. For you to think that they should have "turned in" the only parent in their life is laughable. You've have grown up in such a sheltered life that you have no idea how the real world is.

you are right, i had sensible parents that indeed set a great example and indeed taught me right from wrong and didnt just side with me because i selfishly wanted something or foolishly made mistakes. and i have tried to do the same. you apparently didnt have that and if so, i am sorry you grew up such.

you are right, i had sensible parents that indeed set a great example and indeed taught me right from wrong and didnt just side with me because i selfishly wanted something or foolishly made mistakes. and i have tried to do the same. you apparently didnt have that and if so, i am sorry you grew up such.

What are you talking about? This isn't about you or me. We've been talking about the Hill brothers the whole time. Why does it always have to come back to you and what a great father you are and what great parents you had? Congratulations! You and your parents did the job they were suppose to do like most all other parents do. But and this is the main point that this WHOLE TOPIC has been about, the Hill brother's father apparently didn't do the best job in the world so for you to think they should have had the foresight to leave their only parent(and what go to foster care) is just nsane.

Now can you please comment on the topic at hand(the Hill Brothers) and not your parentings skills or your parents parenting skills. Thanks.

You're so experienced. Please come back when you learn how to understand WTF is going on. You got on your high horse and said "this is about parenting" and when I correctly pointed out you didn't know what you were talking about you failed to answer my post. So, don't go calling people out when you don't know what you're talking about in the first place.

"I correctly pointed out that you didn't know what you were talking about"...Postie, go back to your Logic 101 and look up "begging the question". Aristoltle called it "circular reasoning". I think you get the idea.

That's great. I'd bet 95% if this board grew up in the same environment (myself included). Unfortunately, the Hill brothers didnt have that luxury. And too bad that by the time those Hill boys reached 8th grade, they hadn't learned such life lessons on there own. I mean, how in the world could these two kids make such a stupid decision. Obviously we were all so well informed and mature at that age. Talk about some bad apples. Get 'em out there.