Our favorite coach is at it again....

i hate bobby knight. but i have to say, the answer is to immediately fire sampson and immediately hire knight.

if knight says no, they still should immediately fire sampson.

indiana also would immediately fall on their sword and ban themselves from the ncaa tourney this season.

my bet is they dont have the fortitude to do it.

the fact that sampson lied to the investigators is huge imo. bad enough they cheated, they basically tried to cover it up as well.

notice in sheltie dave's provided link that throughout the notice there is a name that is blanked out. the other prospective recruits are not. i would assume that means that the name blanked out came to indiana. gordon maybe? whomever, if i am right, the fact the cheating actually could have contributed to the success of the team is likely even a bigger factor.

i hate bobby knight. but i have to say, the answer is to immediately fire sampson and immediately hire knight.

if knight says no, they still should immediately fire sampson.

indiana also would immediately fall on their sword and ban themselves from the ncaa tourney this season.

my bet is they dont have the fortitude to do it.

the fact that sampson lied to the investigators is huge imo. bad enough they cheated, they basically tried to cover it up as well.

I'm an Indiana fan, and think Bobby Knight was great. That said, they are getting what was coming to them in hiring Sampson and getting rid of Davis. With the team they have, there is no way they would volunteer to sit out the tourney. Just my $.02.

Roy, you are right. They redacted Gordon's name because it could cause him harm, since he came to Indiana. None of the others did. KS cheats, and reaps the enormous benefits without any meaningful punishment.

I am really interested to see if they both penalize Indiana and Sampscum by tagging him with a "for cause" stigmata. Oklahoma took KS's penalties while he skated to Indiana. If they don't tag KS with the for cause, he'll ditch Indiana and move on to his third million dollar contract school, all while laughing at everyone.

Roy, you are right. They redacted Gordon's name because it could cause him harm, since he came to Indiana. None of the others did. KS cheats, and reaps the enormous benefits without any meaningful punishment.

I am really interested to see if they both penalize Indiana and Sampscum by tagging him with a "for cause" stigmata. Oklahoma took KS's penalties while he skated to Indiana. If they don't tag KS with the for cause, he'll ditch Indiana and move on to his third million dollar contract school, all while laughing at everyone.

I doubt if he could get hired - if this is true - by a big time program again. I do agree that he could be picked up by a lower tiered school but doubt he would take that.