Tony LaRussa

Joe Buck

Bob Costas

Tory Holt

Isaac Bruce

Stephen Jackson

Stan Musial

Just a quick list.

I saw your post claiming RM was more known nationally than Albert. The only response I have to that is WOW.

buck and costas i have already agreed. the rest i do not. they are individual stars in their sports but have not had the national exposure that majerus has had per his espn time, his historical cinderella run at utah, his book, previous frequent guest on the talk show circuit, etc.

i'm not talking about how important anyone is. i am talking about how reknown a person is outside of their sport. the fact that rickma was an analyst on espn, wrote a book, did the talk show circuit along with his success at utah that was covered in his cinderella season ad nauseum, makes him more reknown than albert to the casual sports and non sports fan. sure the hard core baserball fan, knows albert, but that fan also knows rickma.

Tony LaRussa blows a 0.09 in a breathalyser and it was the biggest story of baseball preseason. Outside of STL Rickma is only important to other head coaches

NextYear. Don't underestimate RM. He is more than a good college coach in that he is well known, and very well respected, throughout the NBA and NBA circles as well. Don Nelson, etc. As to colleges, every head coach opening these past few years has included, at the top, RM.

When news first broke that we got RM it was JACKPOT!!!! I am a huge college bball fan, I know that magnitude of having this coach. But if you walked the streets of any city including st louis with a picture of RM and Albert Pujols, I bet more people would recognize pujols. Casual sports fans dont know who he is. Casual fans know Albert. Do you really want to say RM is more renown than one of the best baseball players of all time

i'm not talking about how important anyone is. i am talking about how reknown a person is outside of their sport. the fact that rickma was an analyst on espn, wrote a book, did the talk show circuit along with his success at utah that was covered in his cinderella season ad nauseum, makes him more reknown than albert to the casual sports and non sports fan. sure the hard core baserball fan, knows albert, but that fan also knows rickma.

You overrate RM big time; too emotionally involved.

Pujols is 10 times RM.

Add to previous list Herzog, Gibson, Garagiola, Spinks, Spinks, Warner, Faulk, Hernandez, many, many more. Majerus came in 2nd one time and is colorful slob. Wow.

Glad we have him but...

don't you think he should get few more years under his belt before you claim this?

well pujols does have all those mvp trophies lined up on the ledge above his fireplace.

When news first broke that we got RM it was JACKPOT!!!! I am a huge college bball fan, I know that magnitude of having this coach. But if you walked the streets of any city including st louis with a picture of RM and Albert Pujols, I bet more people would recognize pujols. Casual sports fans dont know who he is. Casual fans know Albert. Do you really want to say RM is more renown than one of the best baseball players of all time

Didn't realize I was sending a post to the President of the Albert Pujols Fan Club. Pujols has put incredible numbers - and is on track to be "one of the best baseball players of all time" - but isn't there yet.

Didn't realize I was sending a post to the President of the Albert Pujols Fan Club. Pujols has put incredible numbers - and is on track to be "one of the best baseball players of all time" - but isn't there yet.

well pujols does have all those mvp trophies lined up on the ledge above his fireplace.

Why take a shot at Pulojs? He's obviously a major star. If you want to go there, what awards does RM have above his fireplace (oh wait, he lives at the Chase...probably no firelpace)? BTW, I'm not counting whatever conference Utah was in while he was there. I think world series ring trumps that.

i was responding to the comment "one of the best baseball players ever". i get a little edgy when folks try to crash the circle of henry aaron, mickey mantle, babe ruth, etc before it is actually due.

what folks are missing here is not who has accomplished what. i am talking about recognition from everyone. not just hardcore fans.