Majerus Show 7 pm KFNS

TheBand

I can hear the interview as I type this....My brother saw RM at the JC shootout at Meramec JC yesterday. Call and ask him if he wants anyone from there?

I'd guess Josh Harrellson. Unfortunately he had a 2 for 9 shooting night. He did pull down 11 boards, though.

Mineral Area has a 6'2 chucker named Jerwin Callaway but I haven't seen him play.

Thanks for the reminder, was able to catch the last 1/2 hour.

Some things I picked up was, except for the few days around Christmas, they will have a very full practice schedules. RM did mention this should not be a problem with only 2 players (BE and DB) having to deal with flights.

Mentioned that AK needs to be more aggressive, especially with rebounding. BE needs work harder, this is resulting in less playing minutes.

Spoke highly of the Conklin recruit.

That's about all I can remember, RM really knows how to get off-topic. :blink:

Except for the too loud very annoying commercials, I liked listening to RM online. I remember his comment that he wanted his ACs to teach the team zone defense, because this team needs it & he doesn't know much about it. So he is not strictly pounding round pegs in square holes like I have read repeatedly. He does run off topic, but they are interesting quips like "I may be from Milwaukee, but if you don't like Bud Lite there is something wrong with you"

From reading the other threads I am guessing most people didn't listen to the RM's show last night. I thought his putting in a zone in the next few practices was telling for this season. He said he has never run a zone before and wouldn't be the person putting this in place, but rather his assistants would run this part of the practice. This didn't sound like a coach giving up this year.

I also caught part where he really talked up a couple of the seniors. He talked about how hard DB has worked to get to the point where he is, going through 9 months not being able to do any BB activity. Also with the lack of a front court players and how Husak has done very well also given little preseason practice.

They also mentioned how RM had not coached with either of his assistant coaches before either. They were going to talk more about this after a break & I was out running around & missed this part.

I had a laugh when he went over the activities for the Holiday Break. Taking the players to the Lincoln Museum and bringing in his friend who is magician for a evening of pizza and a magic act. I don't know if this is the usual thing for a coach to do, I do remember my friend Ed DeChillus (sp), coach of PennState, when he was the coach of ETSU often had the players over for barbeque's.

If a parent heard this, they would eat it up as good clean fun and character building. I can see why he is a successful recruiter.