Furman - SLU Thread

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed! Where has this been? The guy is a fifth-year senior! Then again, if he'd been doing this under Soderberg's tutelage, we wouldn't now have Majerus as our coach.

I have a colleague who tells me that SLU had tried to lure Majerus away from Utah a couple of times in the past. Take it for what it's worth.

There is a time for everything.. looking for brighter future :)

Bills win 83-69. Lisch leads the way with 23 points -- mostly from the line. Husak adds 20. Liddell sparks things on both ends of the floor in the 2nd half after sitting out the 1st half for disciplinary reasons.

It was nip-and-tuck for most of the game, but the Wiz winds up being just about right.

Have they given some indication if these 3s are contested or are they just hitting every prayer they throw toward the rim?

In all honesty, many of the the 3s Furman made where made with a hand in their face. It was unbelievable...I have never witnessed a stretch that lasted that long where a team couldn't miss from the arc.

On a side note...when TL was finally entered into the game, the whole dynamic shifted. The defense had to pay attention to him leaving more opportunities for everyboy else. He seemed to come off the bench with a sense of purpose of determination...the level of intensity on offense, defense, and rebounding was remarkable. He was calling things out and directing traffic on both ends. I've never seen him that vocal. Hopefully, that was the last straw and now TL will finally start playing up to the level we all expect.