Official SLU vs. PITT Game Thread

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the player rotation, keeping the guys fresh and giving a couple different looks.

I can actually see the logic in it.

SLU down by 2 playing good D but need to stop the O REB and the TOs

BE is impressive nice steal.

If TL III would break his man down off the dribble more it would loosen up the D for some more outside shooting.

I'm following the game on the radio so I can't see the matchup, but as Earl has said Tommie is one

of the few Billikens that can take his man off the dribble. Last game he had 5 points at the half, this game he has 4. Down 6 at the half with Kevin struggling, if he comes out aggressive early the Bills

could be closer or even leading. Force the defense to adjust to what he is doing as opposed to allowing the defense to dictate what he is doing. Get selfish for the sake of the team.

I don't look at it as being selfish but we need some penetration to loosen up this D. They are clamping down on us and all SLU is doing is passing it around the perimeter. A few good drives by TLIII would loosen up those passing lanes and make his defender back off a bit on the perimeter for some room to shoot.

I like KL but sometimes his drives look out of control and against these guys he got his drive stuffed. I think he forces it sometimes as the D isn't really giving anything. I think TLIII is more suited to that type of thing due to size and hops.

I don't know why there is no Rephorde or Knollmeyer that is a good question.

Eckerle got a few minutes who would've foreseen that a few months ago?

He did alright too.

Good traditional 3 pt play by TLIII

He got the ball back to the basket backed his man in made a quick turn and was touched as he faded away hit the basket and one

Majerus must've said something to him

Gametracker was wrong.

Relphorde is in right now.

Eckerle hit a big 3, but then in a later possesion he threw a soft pass for a steal finish and one by Young but he just took a charge like a champ. He is doing well overall.

relphorde has played the last couple of minutes and just took a shot. Could Eckerle be the best freshman in the 2007 class? Another area guy. I say, keep signing these guys. Heres to Griffey, Allen, and Anderson in 2009. I'm guesing Paul will stay on scholarship and there class of 2008 will be 5. I dont have a problem with that and I cant wait for those guys to sign this week.