Anyone going to the Soccer game tonight

slufanskip

Sluballs? Dave? Anyone else? I'm going alone and will probably get there around 6:15 to 6:20 so maybe I'll see the 2nd half of the Indiana/Creighton game. I have an extra ticket for tonight and 2 for the afternoon session Saturday ... anyone who wants them can have them. Call me at work if you want either 314-664-2600.

Sluballs? Dave? Anyone else? I'm going alone and will probably get there around 6:15 to 6:20 so maybe I'll see the 2nd half of the Indiana/Creighton game. I have an extra ticket for tonight and 2 for the afternoon session Saturday ... anyone who wants them can have them. Call me at work if you want either 314-664-2600.

Uh, hell yes I'm going. Probably leave Clayton around 6pm to head to Vito's for a drink.

I heard billikens.com was a good soccer board.

We're basketball first and foremost. During the season, this board will be flooded with bball posts. Only a small number of members really care about or post about soccer. There are probably an equal number of people who hate soccer and who love it on here. But all of us talk bball.

SLU wins 1-0 on a shot in the 89th minute that I couldn't believe made it in. First off, what a boring game. I mean it had to have been the most boring slu soccer game I have ever been to. Absolutely nothing exciting about it. Second, the field is falling apart and it has to survive another 6 games this weekend. Clumps of turf were peeling up and you could see the grass was not healthy. No idea what is going on but it's been a problem for the last three years. Third, SLU literally hits an invisible wall just outside an opponent's 18 yd box. Countless times we got to within striking distance in LMU's offensive third and we'd fall apart. We have no dynamic players on this team and Dado up top is not the answer. Get him back on the left wing. Barklage is adding little to the flow of the game on the wing. He needs to see the ball more. Finally, Aranda filled in well for Sweetin who was out for some reason. I like Aranda's tenacity to break up plays and win balls. DD subbed twive the whole game. Once to bring in Reeder and another time to bring in Bellomy.