VTIME IS NO MORE!

Wow. It didn't take you long to rack up 4,000+ — especially considering your ban period and the multiple names you've used on the board.

You'll just have to wait five more years for people to pass you. But at least the VTime name will live on.

Why doesn't your site work with Safari? Can you fix that?

How is your site going to be different from Terrell Ramey's? It looks like you're trying to have the same set-up he has. Will you have the stlhoopsinsider Battle 4 The Rankings and all-area teams and team rankings?

I like your initiative, but you're going to have to do something more with the site because Ramey's site has all the same stuff already.

- Nate

edit: I just checked out the message board. This is priceless: "The STL Hoops Insider Forum was created with the local prospects in mind. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks and discriminatory remarks. Feel free to voice your opinion, but slander and inappropriate comments will not be tolerated in this forum."

Whats the difference between your site and any site on rivals or scout.com? I'm not selling a coaches packet like Ramey. I'm interviewing players and going to games and reporting. There is nothing wrong with Ramey's site. Like I said, all the other sites are good in their own way, but I'm not trying to be like anyone. Also, my site is for everyone, not just guys going D1. I will have news and interviews from guys that will play at all the levels D2,D3, NAIA, and JUCO. Its not like any other site. My site gives the players a voice and give an insdie look into the high school basketball player. There arent that many sites covering STL area basketball. In fact outside of his and mine are there any? Nate, I think you are just stirring the pot. Please name another STL site that has player blogs that will go throughout the season. I've already establish that with more than one player. Everyone else was happy for me and you couldn't be. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I disagree that my site is the same as anybody else's and you will see in time. I wish you continued success with your site. I wish the same to Mr. Ramey. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not in competition with anybody.

STLHOOPs, I like the website, cant wait to read the interview or see your rankings, (hope you arent too leniant) keep up the good work

I'm taking the rankings off for now, not for good. I was going to have them for entertainment purposes, but I'd rather not deal with all the flack that comes from having them. I might change my mind. Also for Nate, I could've sworn that I asked you to send all criticisms to my email [email protected] instead of posting them here. I congratulated when you got your site, I even sent you a PM when I saw a big error on one of your articles instead of posting on the board. The safari comment was legitimate, and I will address it. Until then anyone having problems, please try Internet Explorer if you can.

Guest BillikenReport

V,

Not trying to stir the pot.

I'm just saying that because there's a site out there that already has a lot of the same stuff — news and notes, player interviews, rankings — you're going to have to work harder to get better and more info and also find ways to provide more.

- Nate

V,

Not trying to stir the pot.

I'm just saying that because there's a site out there that already has a lot of the same stuff — news and notes, player interviews, rankings — you're going to have to work harder to get better and more info and also find ways to provide more.

- Nate

My site is heavy on interviews. That site has less than a handful. I already have that many completed. My site is player promotion and for the fans. His site is dealing with college coaches, rankings etc. They are not the same. There are only two sites that I can think of covering the area, his and mine, so I can see why you compare them, but the things you are listing are things that are standard, that most people would have. The difference is that mine is not geared toward strictly D1 prospects. My site will interview the 6th man on a good team. My site is asking about conference and state championships, while the other gives a school list. I would say his site is more similar to yours in that respect than mine. I'm doing stories on players, he's reporting news. He's giving updates, I'm doing stories. I'm making highlight videos. STL needs both sites. My site is for the high school basketball fanatic that wants to hear about a kid just coming up from JV scoring 30 in his first varsity game. Its not about who's going D1 and who's being recruited by who. I have helped players with their recruitment through my site, but not in the same fashion as the other site. We promote a lot of guys that most fans have never heard of. No one else is doing that. You dont have to be a D1 prospect get an interview. Players who want to be interviewed can contact me. Both sites are needed. The STL area is vastly underrated and has little to no promotion. His site does a good job and gets a lot of attention to the area. Again its not a competition. I hope to have a mutual respect relation between the sites and with your site. My site is different. You'll see in time.

V stlhi.. whatever ...sorry we could not hook you up with TG.. try the hm number again. You got my old cell ## that is now my daughters.. and my current cell ## too.. I gave you the home number.. I don't like giving out his cell number.. that is for him and his buddies. Thanks!!!

Cg

Good luck with the web site too..

Wow.. Blue Angels just came screaming by the house... Wow.. what a sight!!!!

I hope so.

Good luck.

-Nate

Nate, you dont have to hope, you wil see. My site is designed for the 6'1 high school power forwards who will never play D1 because of his size, but is averaging 15ppg on his high school team. The other sites dont recognize that kind of player and mine does. We will interview good area players regardless of their potential at the next level. That's the kind of kid I would recommend to the local NAIA's that I've already been in contact with. Ofcourse we are going to interview the big-time guys. Like Griffster stated I already tried to contact Tyler Griffey and I have already received confirmation from one of the other two high major prospects in the class of 2009 in St. Louis.

Guest BillikenReport

Gee Nate are you jealous?

No one denied you pimping out your site here. Now you badmouth Vtime's?

Good luck with your site STLhi. It looks good so far.

Definitely not jealous and not bad-mouthing his site.

Just trying to give some constructive advice — like I've been doing for VTime for years whenever he asks me.

Definitely not jealous and not bad-mouthing his site.

Just trying to give some constructive advice — like I've been doing for VTime for years whenever he asks me.

The safari comment was constructive and I hope that it is corrected for good. I just found it odd how you ignored my request to send me criticisms in a PM or email. Also, I dont know how telling me site looks like someone else's is constructive.

Guest BillikenReport

The safari comment was constructive and I hope that it is corrected for good. I just found it odd how you ignored my request to send me criticisms in a PM or email. Also, I dont know how telling me site looks like someone else's is constructive.

The constructive thing is you're going to have to work hard to provide more info and be different from Ramey's site. Except for the coaches' packet, it seems like you're trying to do the same thing. People go to Ramey's site for news, videos and the message board. You have to do more than that, so you'll have to have more news, more interviews, more feature stories, etc. to draw people to your site. Otherwise, it's the same stuff with a different person's slant.

I think you can do it, but it's going to take a lot of time and effort.

Are you going to be at Ramey's event on Saturday at Forest Park?

- Nate

The constructive thing is you're going to have to work hard to provide more info and be different from Ramey's site. Except for the coaches' packet, it seems like you're trying to do the same thing. People go to Ramey's site for news, videos and the message board. You have to do more than that, so you'll have to have more news, more interviews, more feature stories, etc. to draw people to your site. Otherwise, it's the same stuff with a different person's slant.

I think you can do it, but it's going to take a lot of time and effort.

Are you going to be at Ramey's event on Saturday at Forest Park?

- Nate

I might attend. Nate, this is silly. There is only one site besides mine covering area hoops. People will come to my site because there arent many other outlets for area hoops. I appreciate everyone's kind words. I will no longer be responding to criticism on this board. If someone has a technical problem like safari or firefox, I'll be happy to address them. Feel free email me any suggestions on features you would like to see added to the site and I'll take them into consideration. Also be on the lookout for a player interivew I will be puuting up in the next 24 hours on a big-time prospect that lists SLU among his top schools.

I might attend. Nate, this is silly. There is only one site besides mine covering area hoops. People will come to my site because there arent many other outlets for area hoops. I appreciate everyone's kind words. I will no longer be responding to criticism on this board. If someone has a technical problem like safari or firefox, I'll be happy to address them. Feel free email me any suggestions on features you would like to see added to the site and I'll take them into consideration. Also be on the lookout for a player interivew I will be puuting up in the next 24 hours on a big-time prospect that lists SLU among his top schools.

You might not respond, but if you are going to pimp your site on here, then be prepared for criticism.

So you are just going to make claims you can't back-up and hide behind the line that you will not respond on here to criticism. Fine your site is just like you, nothing but a bunch of bs hype.

So you are just going to make claims you can't back-up and hide behind the line that you will not respond on here to criticism. Fine your site is just like you, nothing but a bunch of bs hype.

Come on Brian, it is more than that. It also includes shameless self-promotion too.