it just hit me

-you are absolutley correct with the U not being entitled to your support

-but with that i think comes that the U can accomodate those that support much more than it accomodates those that do not and the U is betting on success with majerus - and like most bets, this is a gamble

-you are also guessing that your seats, if any, in a basketball designed arena will be worse than your current seats in a hockey designed arena, perhaps true, perhaps not

Actually the graphic in the post looks better than the one in the season ticket package. Regardless, the addition of another seat due to having another child pretty much makes general admission my only option.

Again, I don't feel entitled to better but can't justify the added expense. My first thought on seeing the seating diagram was, "Nuts to that!" I've calmed down considerably and will likely get the best 4 $450 seats left in the building when my number comes up....

rich i understand the feeling. my wife and i have been sending extra money for 17 years and have always assumed when this day came that extra money would get us to center court as we passed all the non-boosters and hanger ons that didnt have tickets in their name (we went from a priority number in the thousands to the lower end of the hundreds)

what it likely did do was put us near the front of the line we can afford, but not anywhere near the seats we have long expected we would be in position for simply because with one in college and another soon to be, i cant afford those upper level gift requirements. the end result will likely be i will be sitting in basically the same seats as i sit now.

that all said, i understand why and begrudgingly agree to what has happened and accept i will be a red booster probably forever.

Do you want to be good and sit on the ends, or do you want to suck and sit at center court. I for one will be happy to be in the building, even if I'm behind the basket, when we win a conference championship FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1970! Good gravy, man, you can't have it both ways. I actually would rather be listening on the radio if it meant we could actually win some kind of championship.

"In Chaifetz Arena, our best 2,700 seats (27% of the Arena) will require a per seat gift". - SLU

According to my color coded chart, the only seats not requiring a donation are those beyond the baseline. The Billiken Gold and Red take you from the 5th row all the way to the top.

So other then suites and party rooms, yes way more then half are behind the basket

CAG