Biondi acting like a SLU fan!!!!!!!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...A5?OpenDocument

biondi has no one to blame but himself if majerus has held him captive. first his ill timed move in the first place. second no advance planning, and last by not keeping the public informed, what the hell did he expect would happen to speculation?

biondi is a smart business man, but his ego and throne like rule of all things slu has botched this last ten days. not bernie, bryan, tim and frank. he has no one to blame but himself.

First let me say that your analysis is correct Roy. However, I do believe that the media's behavior has added to the protracted negotiations as Biondi said. Now I do agree that he has caused that to happen but none-the-less he is technically correct. I just wish somebody would have the balls to help him learn how to be more media savy. Some stories are big enough that you can not control everything but what you should control is what you can and that is the info you absolutely want the press to have. He decided to tell the media nothing so of course they are going to dig up and make up whatever they can. He should have come out and said - Brad did nothing wrong except not meet our expectations for the program, we moved late because it became clear albiet late to us that the program was falling behind and the longer we waited the more difficult it was going to be to get things moving forward, we are talking with candidates and have a very short list as well as adding candidates for consideration throughout the process, and we are moving as fast as we can on this matter.

the media is doing their job. we tell them what we want to know and they get us as much information as they can. to go along with the stonewalling is NOT doing their job.

slu needs to keep their fans in the loop. not just 15 or 20 of the big hitters. all sports fans. now do they need to tell them every detail. no of course not. that obviously would work against them getting a deal done. however, the mess created was created by slu. not the media. if they dont want rumors and innuendo to fly, then it would best serve the university to allow enough solid information to be released to satisfy the masses.

Roy, other than saying that they are in negotiations with Majerus, they really can't say much. It just isn't appropriate to publicly negotiate a contract or reveal the nature or status of the negotations. In fact, they may not want to reveal that they are negotiating with Majerus because it may disuade the interest of Plan B candidates.

That being said, I agree that Biondi's handling of the Brad firing and yesterday's press conference was horrendous.