What I think

brianstl

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone could think that boy scout brad could even think of "doing something wrong" you are crazy. plus, i dont think biondi would hesitate for a moment in throwing that out there for the public to see and demonstrate that "slu wont tolerate that" if indeed such was the case.

i agree majerus would be a homerun, but i will believe that when i see it.

yes, i did... i never once said brad was a bad person, i simply stated that one possibility of his firing might involve him doing something wrong. I was offering speculation on a very naked subject via:

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/...arrish_thoughts

that argument is pretty logical to me, and i said that IF that is the case, SLU might have been so vague on his firing due to sparing his reputation as being such a great man and what not. and then, you offered that if he did do something wrong, SLU should throw him under the bus and practically destroy his name and future career.

attacking and insulting me is doing you no good. try being civil.

i am not attacking brad's character... i am offering possibilities of SLU's lack of response to the current situation. I am not hinting that he was drinking with students, or sleeping with cheerleaders, or slapping biondi around... misconduct or wrong doing can involve complex ncaa regulations and recruiting policies that are very easily and ignorantly broken... and i believe that COULD (not fact, just opinion) be the case, and it appears that soderberg was on thin ice as it was with the administration and most importantly the president, so maybe that is what lead to this rash decision.

"i dont think biondi would hesitate for a moment in throwing that out there for the public to see and demonstrate that "slu wont tolerate that" if indeed such was the case."

i disagree... biondi is a classy man and leader, and it would be horrible business to throw an ex head coach 'under the bus' during a current head coach search. that is... IF soderberg even did anything wrong to begin with.

brian said,

"As for Majerus I will believe it when I see the press conference for his acceptance of the job. That is if Biondi thinks that requires one."

i would think just starting a "hey did you hear slu hired..." chain at the next slu baseball game would be sufficient.

i sure hope whenever and however it happens, biondi says the new coach's name correctly.

I can just see it,

"let me introduce our new coach, Rich Margarine"

you are so wrong. i havent had this many people talk to me about slu and be shaking their heads in a long long time. we are laughingstocks right now over the way this has played thus far.

the fact we indeed have given the talking heads an opportunity to portray us as such is a massive mistake in itself. and now it takes a homerun to erase that imo.

What you are doing is infering that is the reason it happened. Parrish never says or speculates that is the reason it happened, unlike you. Parrish was just pointing out that this decision has no equal except one. If Brad did something wrong SLU should and rightfully would throw Brad under the bus. Biondi would not let Brad soil his legacy at SLU.

but, it really shows how bernie and co are so desperate to write something and anything. If slu hires Majerus, bernie and everybody else will be writing and speaking of slu finally being on the right track and blah blah blah... this particular 'homerun' will cleanse slu of any bad reputation, with slu fans, bball fans, media, and the city of stl.

Dr. B and I have both told you that we have it on good authority from multiple sources that this decision had nothing to do with any wrongdoing or unethical behavior on Brad's part. Why won't you just quit this "COULD" posting and just focus on something else, like who the new coach might be.

a classy man and leader would never undercut a fine woman and leader like cheryl levick.

he is an excellent businessman that gets results on the projects he is completely focused on.

that doesnt make him a classy man and leader.

yes he is classy.... but most importantly... he is SUCCESSFUL. I want RESULTS, and i truly believe in biondi acquiring the means to achieve them... and who cares if he undercut levick, he IS THE PRESIDENT.. that is HIS JOB.. he is in charge, and i have no problem with that considering everything that he has done for the school, community, and city.

You said "which I think it is" which implies FACT. You did not say "which I think could be" which implies SPECULATION. Then you back it up with an article that doesn't come close to implying what you said. It is clear you have an agenda.

I didn't say I couldn't understand the move, I just said I think Brad is a good guy. Listen to the interview with Rusty Lisch.

I'm curious ... If I frequented a place where you worked and found out you were fired and no one knew why. Would it be ok if I were to say ... usually when someone is caught stealing, they don't give te reason. There is a possibility he was caught stealing. Maybe sexual harrassment.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

No, i said 'which i THINK it is'.. which implies OPINION... if i said 'which i KNOW it is".. that would imply FACT... I never once said I had sources or inside info.. if you do not think that article came close to what i was saying (in which the article was SUBJECTIVE as well), i am truly ashamed if you are a SLU alumn.

OK, you got me... i have an agenda... to destroy soderberg's reputation via message boards.. darnit, im caught... pwease dont tell on me.. :(

i was kidding when i said he was drinking, or banging cheerleaders, or beating on biondi... but, i do know that an employer does have the right not to disclose any reasoning why an employee is fired... when my dad has to fire someone (very rarely), he tells me he gives no reason at all for liability reasons. and ok, i get it... brad is a good guy, but so are alot of people fired in this business.. heck, im sure just about all of us are good people. i am not out to harm brad, im just speculating. this is a forum, where people state their opinions. its not like soderberg gets on this site and reads it, or anybody of any importance.

"He has an agenda. Has used multiple names to try to support

it far a long time. He has gone on other boards claiming

similar bs. It is best if everyone just ignores him from

here on out."

skip (or anybody for that matter), you seem rational and logical... can you please read me and brian's argument in this tread, and please tell us who is being out of line and immature/rude about this, and who is acting/discussing in a respectful manner??

the guy just got fired ... he's a good guy who deserves your respect. If you can't give it to him, you should just keep quiet.

You didn't answer my question though.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.